Any MFP Neighbors who suffer from CardioMyopathy?

I have idiopathic cardiomyopathy and this is one of the reasons for joining MFP. My heart has shown tremendous improvements which has surprised the heck out of my Cardiologist. I look forward to using this forum and it's testimonies for healing!!!!!!!

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    I don't, but I'm so glad to hear your heart is doing well =] that's so awesome! Keep it up!
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    I don't have it, but I'm SO proud of you for taking charge of your health!! Great work so far!! Keep it up!! :bigsmile:
  • sunshinethompson
    sunshinethompson Posts: 106 Member
    Thanks!!!!!!
  • Awesome job on the 60lbs! I have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and I became really scared when I found out how the whole thing works. Basically, if my heart gets going too fast, it could induce a fatal situation. I am taking 2 medications to lower my blood pressure and thin out my blood a bit, so my heart rate stays down. I am trying to work out, and I am seeing results as far as strength and endurance go, but I am not dropping weight like I want.

With your cardiomyopathy how did you do it? What kind of regiment led to your 60lbs weight loss? That is basically what I would like to lose to be down to my college weight.
  • I have Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, known about it since I was 13, before that I'd always just known about having Supraventricular Tachycardia (super speedy heart caused by slightest things) I have a Pace/Defib (since this october)

And wow! 60lbs! And how did your heart improve, how did you do that? How advanced is your cardiomyopathy?
  • I have Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy. I was diagnosed when I was pregnant with my son. I was also told that due to my health I should have anymore kids. Huge bummer for me. I always wanted a big family. Oh well... It is all about what God wants... I have been trying to get my weight under control since I had my son 9 months ago. I was 213 at his birth and I was 210 when I finally decided to join MFP (less then a month ago). Now I finally hit under 200... Wahoo! It is all possible if you just LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! GL and feel free to friend me! God Bless!
  • wlgreen379
    wlgreen379 Posts: 104
    There is this site I found a while back. It has some great stuff on there.

http://www.4hcm.org/
  • justmstry
    justmstry Posts: 13 Member
    I have Peripartum Cardiomyopathy, which is a form of dilated cardiomyopathy. Although I have learned a lot about my condition since being diagnosed 2 years ago I realize that after reading the above posts that I don't know about all of the different types of cardiomyopathy. The peripartum variety means that during my pregnancy my heart was damaged for some unknown reason. I have made vast improvements since I was diagnosed, I can't believe how much better I feel. The one thing that I struggle with is trying to get my heart rate up some when I exercise since my medications keep it low. I know that my calorie burn can't be what they are in the database, but don't have any idea what a correct amount would be. Does anyone else have this concern, and how do you compensate. I have thought about getting a bodybugg, wondering if it would give me a more accurate reading.