Outrageous! 10-YEAR-OLD model who has graced the pages of Vo

Article Copied from Daily Mail UK

She reclines among leopard print pillows, her rouged lips pouting at the camera. But shockingly the model in these highly sexualised pictures is only 10 years old.

The provocative images of Thylane Lena-Rose Blondeau, who is tipped as the next big thing on the fashion scene, are causing a storm of controversy with campaigners furious that a child so young should be displaying the sexual allure of someone twice her age.

Thylane has appeared in numerous campaigns and her image is all over the internet. To date she has an impressive portfolio - the French girl has graced the cover of Vogue Enfants and posed for high-end editorials.

Born in the Ivory Coast, she has already been compared to Sixties siren Brigitte Bardot - who at the age of 15 appeared in ELLE.

But these latest images, complete with heavy make-up and stiletto heels, which appear in French Vogue, have brought the issue to a head.

'Photo shoots requiring her, a 10-year-old-girl, to dress in full make-up, teetering heels and a dress with a cleavage cut to the waist across her pre-pubescent body deny Blondeau the right to be the child she is.

'These images would, we hope, post Bailey Review, not pass through the standards of magazines, on street advertising and other media within the UK.'

In the review a survey revealed that 88 per cent of parents agreed that children are under pressure grow up too quickly, with 58 per cent accounting this to celebrity culture

Check Daily Mail for further Details

Replies

• sulugirl
    sulugirl Posts: 17
    This infuriates me.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    I don't know, I saw the pictures I don't think she looks sexual at all. I do think she is incredibly talented.
  • llaurall
    llaurall Posts: 32
    I feel very perverted. When I first take a look at the picture I think to myself that it's a very sensual and alluring. And then I have to remind myself that she's only 10! In the photo she certainly doesn't look 10, more like an short teen. I suppose that is due to the make up. At least they did not show any cleavage or bare legs. But yes I believe she shouldn't be doing shoots of this nature just yet. It sends out the wrong message to young girls that they must become become sexier in their dress and behaviour in order to be universally accepted as beautiful.
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    i think anytone who is going to look pervertedly at this little girl will do so whether she is pouting or not...the photos werent bad
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Had to google image it since you didn’t post one and don't worry, it is safe for work everyone!

She's is beautiful and the photos are not sexualized, they are typical perfume-type adds, gold clothing, updo and sparkly shoes.
  • she looks like a pouting kid... not really outrageous
  • tasman11
    tasman11 Posts: 79
    Hey I did not post pictures or link here as the site admins may think i am spamming.I am not sure if i can post a link here.
    If you simply google Daily Mail UK, the story is right on the front.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    I don't understand why parents allow their little girls to to pose and model (think Toddlers and Tiaras) looking like growm women! That just sickens me! I can't even watch Toddlers and Tiaras any more because it makes me so mad! Why can't little girls look and act like little girls?

As far as the 10 year old model, yes I do believe she looks older than 10 years old and I do think she's made up and posed to make her look sensual. I think it's outrageous!
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    But what will it do to house prices?
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    UGH, seriously? Why can't parents let their children be children??? What the *F%CK is wrong with people?
    10 yr old with 6 inch heels... W....T....F.
  • MondaysChild81
    MondaysChild81 Posts: 158 Member
    She will be using cocaine, have an eating and a social disorder by the time she is 11!
    Such a waste of a young life.
    Children should be carefree, not sporting the latest trends!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    But what will it do to house prices?

Ha ha ha ha!!