SLACKERS! I challenge you!! Continued...

Options

Replies

• 707janette
    707janette Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Just what I need since I slacked off all week. Count me in.
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    1_up burned 305 calories doing 40 minutes of "Walking, 4.0 mph, very brisk pace"

Gonna give you the other 295 soon enough!
  • felon72
    felon72 Posts: 21
    Options
    I Love this. I am in.
  • mdfeller
    mdfeller Posts: 135
    Options
    Got in 302 with 25 minutes of 30ds and 60 minutes of walking. :)
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Wish I had seen this sooner, but the weekend is almost over and I've burned about 1800 between Friday and today. Good luck to everyone who pledged, and I may take you up on the upped amount next weekend :-)
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Ugh! It's almost 11 pm here on the East coast. Only did about 20 mins of walking today, but spent almost 4 hours vigorously cheering / pacing / clapping for my two home teams in the Oxford Hills Softball League (Little League and Senior League girls - both teams lost :sad: At caloriesperhour.com, it computes 549 calories, but it sounds high, so gave myself 425 burned. Today's grand total .... 1246! IN THE GREEN 933 CALORIES!!! I'm exhausted -- too tired to even think of food-- nite y'all. XOXO
  • statia152
    Options
    Wish I had seen this sooner, but the weekend is almost over and I've burned about 1800 between Friday and today. Good luck to everyone who pledged, and I may take you up on the upped amount next weekend :-)

You just started early, maybe do 300 tomorrow? Great job!
  • statia152
    Options
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is 30ds?
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is 30ds?

It's Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred...I'm only on day three and it kicks my butt!!!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to say that I completed the challenge! Burned nearly 900 cals yesterday...:smile:
  • statia152
    Options
    Dear Ka-Bateman ~ Is it low impact? I have back problems so I have to be careful of what I do. I've seen her show, I think she is too intense for me. Believe me, I'm feeling every calorie I burned yesterday. It will take a couple of hours to get moving this morning ... but I have to meet my goal of 300 today!
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Whew!
    Yesterday was a bad day- I didn't even walk the dog. But because of the challenge, I knew I had to get 600 kcals under my belt today, so I took the kids swimming for an hour before my hour long dance class.
    Result- 720 kcals :smile:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Ok, didn't officially join this mini-challenge, but I did get over 300 calories burned this morning...along with the 1000 on Friday and 800 yesterday, I have over 2100 in this weekend. So much for my rest day...lol
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Dear Ka-Bateman ~ Is it low impact? I have back problems so I have to be careful of what I do. I've seen her show, I think she is too intense for me. Believe me, I'm feeling every calorie I burned yesterday. It will take a couple of hours to get moving this morning ... but I have to meet my goal of 300 today!

I'm not sure if it's officially low impact or not...We do pushups, about 2 mins of jumping jacks split up, same with jump rope with no rope, some running in place, a lot of arm and leg toning such as curls with lunges etc. (I use jars of Peanut Butter as weights), and ab work. All in all, it's about 20 mins.

They do have a motified version to make it a little easier though. I love the workout, and it's definately a challenge every day. There are 3 levels. Each level you do for 10 days. The results in pics that I've seen here on MFP are proof enough that it works.

It might be worth trying at least. I have a link that you can use to download it to your comp for free if you want it.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    OK, I've been slacking all summer, so I need to get re-motivated. I didn't see this challenge until today. Burned 330 on Saturday, and 345 so far today.

Please give us more challenges like this!
  • ashheart
    ashheart Posts: 17
    Options
    Aww I didn't see this yesterday, but I met the challenge anyway ;p Burned 431 yesterday, and burned 1410 cals today. Took the dog for a 2 mile walk this morning, then swimming for 2 hours with the kiddos this afternoon. Woo! I'm not sure how much I trust mfp's numbers on swimming, because holy cow..but I did water running/ few laps/ exercises in the water too. Woo I feel AWESOME!
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Alrighty! 2pm here and I completed this challenge...627. Thnx for posting this challenge, I may not have done anymore exercises other than walking the dog. My major calories are burned Mon-Fri.
  • statia152
    Options
    Well, it's pouring up here in Maine (we desperately need it) so I had to jog in place for 351 calories burned today. That brings me up to 1617 for the weekend. Thank you all for the motivation / support.

*** Ka-Bateman ~ I would love the link for 30DS. I'll just suck it up and do it like everyone else. :explode:
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    786 for today and yesterday. I still have 30 DS to do but have to eat and cool off first some. But will be well over my 800 :). Will be right at 1000 when all said and done. Will post as soon as done!
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    Well, it's pouring up here in Maine (we desperately need it) so I had to jog in place for 351 calories burned today. That brings me up to 1617 for the weekend. Thank you all for the motivation / support.

*** Ka-Bateman ~ I would love the link for 30DS. I'll just suck it up and do it like everyone else. :explode:

30 DS rocks :) Tomorrow is my last day and I'm actually going to repeat it with some friends IRL. Will start again probably Tues. lol I'll be bored if I don't!