Healthy snacks?

Options
I'm sure there's already plenty of topics about this but oh well...

What do you guys snack on? I've been trying to snack on fruits/veggies but sometimes I just want to bust open a great big bag of chips! My boyfriend made me homemade sweet potato chips and those were good but i was wondering if there was anything else other people eat?

Thanks!

Replies

• lynnmarie60
    Options
    I buy 100 calorie snacks and skinny cow snacks; they are good.
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    When Im craving carbs I snack on pringles. 150 cals for 16 chips but if you get the low fat ones you could eat more. lol Or I get these little animal cookies by El Mexicano, 130 cals for 26 cookies! Theyre not very big but its enough. Im curious as to what others snack on. :smile:
  • chitniss
    chitniss Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Canned soup, the light kind. Each serving has only 80 calories and the hot soup makes you feel full
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    - Nature valley granola bars
    - (greek) yogurt
    - string cheese
    - cottage cheese w/ pineapple or blueberries
    - 100 cal popcorn
    - pretzels
    - celery or apples w/ PB
    - animal crackers
    - carrots
    - hormel turkey peperroni
    - dry cereal
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    100 calorie packs, Fiber One bars, dark choc covered almonds, almonds, bananas or apple with natural PB, edamame, yogurt with or w.o granola :)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Rebar, fiber one bars, yogurt covered pretzels, hummus and rice crackers, air popped popcorn, yogurt, cheese strings, protein shakes.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Protein based snacks like almonds, greek yogurt, cottage cheese.

Veggies are great too and fruit in moderation.

If really need the carb fix I go with a 100 calorie option. Portion is already measured and easy to log.

Lots of water in between (not with) meals is great too keeps the hunger monster away!

Take Care!
  • Inlet
    Inlet Posts: 135
    Options
    Half a gala apple with one tablespoon peanut butter.
    2 graham crackers and 8oz lowfat milk
    1/2 cup cottage cheese with fruit or sweet'n low
    Lunchmeat/cheese slice wrapped in a piece of romaine lettuce
    Banana and a couple of almonds
    dill pickle
    Frozen yogurt pop (homemade)
    V8 spicy with nuts (for when I'm craving salty stuff)
    Yogurt/granola
    1/2 baked sweet potato
    fresh tomato with a splash of dressing and a chunk of part skim mozzarella cheese

That's all I got for now. =) I hope it helps!
  • cdubz1991
    cdubz1991 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    All those sound great! I'm afraid to eat the 100 calorie packs because they're so small and it's easy to eat too many...
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Pita chips w/hummus, and almonds
  • 2009public
    Options
    my newest favorite that fits my dietary needs are Beanitos. The black bean ones are awesome. my kids even love them!

I tried the kale chips, but prefer to just use the kale in my green monster smoothies :)
  • dockamie
    dockamie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nabisco wheat thins toasted chips (garden valley veggie). They are delicious made with whole grains and no high fructose syrup!
  • PhoneGirl8k
    Options
    Banana chips
    mixed dried fruit
    Sprouts market - bulk foods -- veggie chips
    Zingers (vanilla)
    graham crackers
    dry roasted edamame (Sprouts market)
    if you want something high in fat -- then have the 100 calorie packs
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    -Popcorn (air popped at home and bremel & brown yogurt butter [45cal a tbls] drizzled on top, with Nu-Salt (salt substitute with no calories, no sodium, carbs, etc...pure potassium..) 100calorie bags of popcorn are good and all, but theyre like 300mg sodium for a small snack! You could have a huge bowl of popcorn made at home with way less for double the snack.

-Light String Cheese (60 calories)

-Special K Multi-Grain Crackers (24 crackers for 120calories, and tastes like wheat thins). I have 12 crackers with a ounce of light string cheese cut up into 12 pieces and have cheese and crackers. (120calories together).

- Baked Potatoe, plain, with seasonings such as garlic, pepper, red pepper flakes, italian herbs. Or with cottage cheese if i have the extra calories/sodium for it.

-Homemade French Fries: 1 serving size potatoe, cut up in wedges, put on cookie sheet covered in foil, in oven for about 20minutes on 350. Spray foil with pam olive oil spray, put down your potatoes, spray again, season with garlic, cayenne pepper (if u like spicey), pepper, italian herbs, etc. 100 calories. (can make with meals too; or cut into chunkts instead of wedges and you got roasted potatoes.

-Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt: 80calories (6oz)

-FiberOne granola bars (140calories)--although theres better brands/healthier, but i like these, so whatever.

- half an apple with natural peanut butter (pretty filling thoughl could have this as breakfast).

-celery with natural peanut butter.

-Nuts (i love pumpkin seeds. theres also almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, etc.)

-40 calorie no sugar added fudgesicles, and 40calorie real fruit breyers fruit bars.

-if i dont have many calroies, or its late at night & i shouldnt be eating--sugar free werthers original hard candies.

-sugar free jello pudding cups-- 60 calories (or cheaper brand is hunts for 80 calories).

-Sugar free jello cups--5calories. (some are 10)

-No sugar added fruit cups--del monte, 25calories for the peaches.

-small spinach salad with tablespoon feta and tbls almond slices with a couple baby carrots, etc is under 100 calories.

Fruits and Veggies are great snacks: handful of baby carrots, celery sticks, a whole cucumber is 30-50calories, mushrooms, roasting carrots in the oven with seasonings (just like the roasted potatoes i mentioned above, mmmm); grapes, cherries, peaches, pears, apples, blueberries, strawberries, cantalope, watermelon, and so forth.. My morning snack today is apple slices, afternoon snack is whole cucumber, night snack is cherries and almonds, (im haivng carrots with lunch, and lima beans and green beans with dinner. and grapes with breakfast.)
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    - Nature valley granola bars
    - (greek) yogurt
    - string cheese
    - cottage cheese w/ pineapple or blueberries
    - 100 cal popcorn
    - pretzels
    - celery or apples w/ PB
    - animal crackers
    - carrots
    - hormel turkey peperroni
    - dry cereal

Great list hun! :smile:
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried air popped popcorn? It's low cal and doesn't have all the preservatives, fats, salts, etc. that microwave popcorns have. Just sprinkle some cinnamon and snack away. As far as taste, I'm not sure because I can't find it anywhere!

I do, however, like to cut fruit (like bananas) into small, bite sized chunks and freeze them. They make nice snacks in the summer.

Plain rice cakes are yummy too. Just add jam, cinnamon, or anything else you like on to them for flavour.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Try slicing a cucumber and placing it on a dinner sized plate and topping with Lemon Pepper seasoning... I use the one with no salt added -- go lightly at first but YUM!