Orange Creamsicle Mug Cake 170 calories (Vegan Friendly)

Options
deadstarsunburn
deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
Okay so after doing a ton of research I figured out a quick easy way to make fairly low calorie cake.

12oz Diet Orange Soda
1 box Vanilla/Yellow Cake Mix

Poor 1/3 cup of cake mix into a mug ( I found a microwavable bowl works too ) then microwave for about 1 minute and 45 seconds. You may have to play around with the time depending on your microwave.

The cake comes out a bit moister then normal cake depending on how long you cook it for.

ALSO make sure you check calories on the brand of cake mix and all that but I used a generic brand which was 170 calories for 1/3 a cup. It was sooooo good, I didn't use any frosting but I've heard sprinkling powdered sugar on top is yummy.

Replies

• idonteatmyfriends
    Options
    BUMP!

I need to make this XD
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Whoa, that sounds intense!
  • deadstarsunburn
    Options
    It's soooooooooo good lol
  • OhSuzzz
    OhSuzzz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I make this in cupcake version usually, which is amazing. I've tried orange with french vanilla cake, and I've also tried cherry with chocolate cake. The cupcakes, like the cake in the mug are much more moist, so they're a little frustrating to eat, but an amazing treat with zero effort. I will say, I also did the funfetti ones with redbull (Sugar Free) and they were delicious.
  • HollyLLillis
    HollyLLillis Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Bump and yummy...
  • deadstarsunburn
    Options
    I make this in cupcake version usually, which is amazing. I've tried orange with french vanilla cake, and I've also tried cherry with chocolate cake. The cupcakes, like the cake in the mug are much more moist, so they're a little frustrating to eat, but an amazing treat with zero effort. I will say, I also did the funfetti ones with redbull (Sugar Free) and they were delicious.

The cherry one sounds AWESOME. Yeah I think sugar free cake mix also cuts some calories too I should look into that. mmm the funfetti sounds good too!
  • HollyLLillis
    HollyLLillis Posts: 113 Member
    Options

With redbull?? I gotta try that!! How interesting... thanks for sharing that one!:flowerforyou:
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    bump
  • OhSuzzz
    OhSuzzz Posts: 44 Member
    Options

With redbull?? I gotta try that!! How interesting... thanks for sharing that one!:flowerforyou:

It's a must :) I posted pictures in this post (http://www.notsosuddenlysusan.com/2011/04/redbull-cupcakes/) - when you pour the redbull in, just make sure bowl is large enough, it gets super foamy!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I wonder if this works with GF cake mixes. HMMMM.
  • BeachyBecky
    BeachyBecky Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy! bump