Cut back on alcohol consumption challenge

Options
I have trouble because I tend to drink my calories when I go to the bar. I never realized how true the old phrase "there is a pork chop in every can" really is.... except minus the good stuff in the pork chop. LOL

I am extending a challenge to those of us that like the drink to cut back.

I am going out with an old friend that is coming to town tonight and I am going to try to stay under 4 drinks. And I am going to try to stay true to the other challenge I am part of.... No Late Night Snacking.

Good luck to all of you that join this challenge.
:drinker:

Replies

• LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have trouble because I tend to drink my calories when I go to the bar. I never realized how true the old phrase "there is a pork chop in every can" really is.... except minus the good stuff in the pork chop. LOL

I am extending a challenge to those of us that like the drink to cut back.

I am going out with an old friend that is coming to town tonight and I am going to try to stay under 4 drinks. And I am going to try to stay true to the other challenge I am part of.... No Late Night Snacking.

Good luck to all of you that join this challenge.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I like that you chose four drinks. I mean for social outings, a few hours spent at the bar, four is reasonable. I like four. Maybe I'm a big boozer but for me that would be an improvement on my night out every so often. Like last night....head pounding, slept until 10. :grumble: I haven't slept this late in YEARS! Oh well, had my oatmeal this morning and am going to run a 10K in the freezing cold tomorrow. Back on track baby! :ohwell:
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    :noway: That sounds like a plan for me too. I'm going to a party to watch the LSU game in a little while. That means lots of good LA food and beer. I'm not sure if 4 will be enough for the entire game, but I will try.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Yep same problem here vino I did 3 big glasses last nite huge calorie hit
  • Konahottie
    Konahottie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think i should join in on this one for sure :). Back to the gym next week so now drinking duing the week! I like to have some wine or a beer when I make dinner but I am willing ot givethe challage a go. Tonight is out as it is my bf's christams party..going to have some bevie's at that event. K
  • diegelmansm
    Options
    I'll join too! I'm 21 so drinking is a big part of my social life right now, and my sister is coming in to town for the holiday. This is the first time we get to frink together! We're spending the night at the bar on Wed, and for thanksgiving, we close down the family reteraunt(with a full bar) and celebrate there. It's going to be a challange, but I think I can do it!
  • lmichele22
    Options
    :tongue: I know when the job is done, I think about having a cocktail with my girlfriends right after school is out, and now with thanksgiving break coming yeah ! I was out last nite, I thought to myself too, I'm only going to have a few drinks, and I did pretty good, I spent most of my nite on the dance floor, Love when they play good tunes ~ It's even nicer when some nice men buy the drinks and you come home with all your cash in your little cute purse ! ( wink wink ) :wink: I love my friday nites ! Happy Hour ! Now today sat got up pretty early and did a run and will hit gym later this afternoon !

96972.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal

~~ Michelle ~~
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    I made it through last night, but I did start my fifth drink and then realized that it was number five and told my friend she could finish it.
    We also ate some sushi that we made together. Spicy shrimp rolls. Mmmmm.

I know the holidays will be hard for all of us, but I think if we set our own number (depending on the hours we are at certain functions), I think we can all succeed. I know I looked up the calories for what I was going to drink before I went out and added them to my count for the day (before I ate supper) and then ate my supper accordingly.

I just lost 2 more pounds this week and don't want them to come back to my butt.:laugh:

Cheers to everybody:drinker:
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    I fell flat on the drink cut-off yesterday... I have an excuse... Other reelatives thought they would make my drinks for me... THEY DON"T FOLLOW THE ONE SHOT PER GLASS RULE... IT's moge like 3/4 glass booze, 1/4 glass pop. I didn't realize until it was too late. Thank goodness I live close enough to walk home. LOL

Back to setting my limits and staying strong this weekend.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I just read an interesting article in Womans Health-12 reports

"Know what to drink and what not to,

There are many ways alcohol can get you into trouble. It doesn't make you feel full or decrease the amount of food you will eat. But it does enourage your body to burn as much as 36% less fat and make you store more of the fat you eat. And it can inhibit your production o of hormones that help burn fat and build muscle.

This was all new to me, and thought I would share with y'all:frown:
  • LifeChanges42
    Options

There are many ways alcohol can get you into trouble. It doesn't make you feel full or decrease the amount of food you will eat. But it does enourage your body to burn as much as 36% less fat and make you store more of the fat you eat. And it can inhibit your production o of hormones that help burn fat and build muscle.

Thank you for that interesting tidbit. I have to share it with my friend. Do you have a web address that I could send to my friend. She is in total denial that alcohol inhibits weight loss.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

It was in a magazine I received in the mail. it was called Womans Health-12 reports.
    I am going to do more research on the subject, I just thougt it was worth passing along.:flowerforyou:

Thank you for that interesting tidbit. I have to share it with my friend. Do you have a web address that I could send to my friend. She is in total denial that alcohol inhibits weight loss.
  • Konahottie
    Konahottie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey well I had a good week. And didn't go out this weekend to drink instead I made a running date with my dog on Sunday and we had a great day and I got to laugh at my hung over boyfriend today. HAHA. One for me! Have a great week.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I drank a TON more before I turned 21, and now that I can legally drink, I never do. :laugh: Initially I cut back on drinking because it would make me so ill...I'd wake up in the middle of the night getting sick even if I hadn't had that much to drink. The next day I'd be barely conscious and certainly couldn't exercise. Then I cut back by needing to drink less--being small and rarely drinking makes it easier to feel a buzz. Then I finally stopped completely because I was drinking so seldom that I began to notice the taste. Even the 'good stuff' that my parents buy tastes like nail polish remover to me. So this year I drank twice, once in March for my b-day and once in August when I quit my terrible summer job.

I don't have to cut back or anything, this is just how my cutting-back experience went. Once I stopped drinking, I stopped wanting to drink, and now it's really easy to avoid. Good luck everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    I feel down hard...... I had WAY too much on Saturday. I am disappointed in myself. I can't even remember everything. It was a friends b-day and I knew I had a sober cab so I just went nuts I guess.
    I decided not to drink at all for the next two weeks and see if I can get back to setting my limits and sticking to them.