Options
fteale
fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
I can do it tomorrow, right?

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    It worked for george w bush, so might as well. According to him (and also my brother), it's a good way to kill a hangover.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Ha....I did a boot camp with a hangover, followed by a kickboxing class. It was rough, but I felt much better. I think if you can do it, it is actually the best cure for a hangover.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I don't believe its possible.............ouch.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I haven't but the guy I'm dating did on his first long run of his marathon training. He did 13 miles while totally hung over.
  • skinnyhappy
    skinnyhappy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Did it today, 2.5 miles. Just be hydrated beforehand :D
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I really is the very best cure for one. Speaking from experience of course :blushing:
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    LOL, just had to laugh at the question.:drinker:
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can run wit a hangover. Assuming that you are going out drinking tonight, I would suggest drinking at least three glasses of water as things wind down and at least one before you go to bed. I know that this seems like a lot but hangovers are caused by dehydration of the body due to the alcohol. I have followed this method and have rarely work up with a hangover and if I did, it was minimal and went away rather quick
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I had a mild hangover and was on about 4 hours sleep when I set my PR for a 5k. :laugh:

Edited to add: I did chug a 32 oz Gatorade after drinking and before bed. I think it helped.
  • mdfeller
    mdfeller Posts: 135
    Options
    I started day 1 of boot camp with a hangover a year ago. Made it threw, but also puked. :)
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    The best hangover cure in the world is Yoga.

Try it! You will stink to high heaven as the booze seeps out of your pores lol
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can run wit a hangover. Assuming that you are going out drinking tonight, I would suggest drinking at least three glasses of water as things wind down and at least one before you go to bed. I know that this seems like a lot but hangovers are caused by dehydration of the body due to the alcohol. I have followed this method and have rarely work up with a hangover and if I did, it was minimal and went away rather quick

True. Water is god. I drink vodka soda's and I never ever get hung over
  • Disinte_GratioN
    Options
    Totally possible!!!!!!!!!! Many miles down, but its way better when you dont stumble!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Last time I had a hangover, I couldn't barely walk without feeling nauseated let alone run. I couldn't drink water either...cause that made me lose the contents of my stomach. Maybe I just had waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much, but saltines and the good ol' TV while wrapped up in a blanket worked for me.
  • Aczjohnson
    Aczjohnson Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    did it just today. :sick: but it does make you feel soooooooooooooooo much better!

so how'd you do???
  • jbinga
    jbinga Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Two weeks ago, my super cute, tiny, little blonde spin instructor (hate her, I do) was late to spin class on Saturday morning. She hadn't been to bed, was hungover (or possibly still drunk???), and still kicked our tails. Obviously, it CAN be done but that does not sound enjoyable to me.
  • lp0007
    lp0007 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Oooooo good luck. Have tried and failed many times! Now I always do my long run on the day I go partying so my hangover is always on my rest day :smile: :wink:
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    For me it depends on how bad the hangover is....if its mild...I can chug it out with TONS of water and Advil. A bad one....puts my *kitten* in bed for 2 days after....
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Hopefully not going to be a terrible one, but....well...we'll see in 8 hour's time!
  • gatorgirl7
    gatorgirl7 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    haha, i've run hungover so many times! i would'nt recommend running a race hunger (i had to walk a bit)--no bueno. would have PR'd too! but a regular run? definitely. the first mile is the worst...and you sweat out all of the alcohol so all you will smell is run/vodka/beer etc buuuuut after the first one it's not so bad. my friend and i have a standing 5 mile run on sunday mornings, and we have run plenty of them hungover ;-) we both agree some of our best runs are done hungover! :)