Kettlebells

Options
I was looking on the internet for calories burned and multiple websites claim a average calorie burn for a kettlebell workout is 20 calories per minute. So about 400 for 20 min., 600 for 30 min,etc. 60 min. would be a bit challenging, but overall a great calorie burn. I would suggest at starting at a lower weight and working up, to prevent wrist and arm strain.

Replies

• Hoteffinmess
    Options
    I used a little 5 lb. kettlebell and I love it! :)
  • lindsay6694
    Options
    i use an 8lb kettlebell :)
  • jcb2kds
    jcb2kds Posts: 40
    Options
    I use 15 and 20 lb kettlebells along with a my hr monitor. I burn 8-10 calories per minute on average for a 30-40 minute workout. I highly recommend Lauren Brooks' kettle bell videos. I recently asked her during a live chat session on Facebook if I should up my kb weight to break through a plateau and she said:

"Lauren Brooks - OnTheEdgeFitness.com Jennifer, I would recommend a few things. A. you should try using some heavier weights. Most of our ladies are using a 26 - 35lb bell on average. You will work much harder and help break through that plateau. Regarding your nutrition it's more about QUALITY. 1500 calories is just a number. If it's 1500 calories of unprocessed whole clean food then keep it up. If it's mixed with processed foods then you are not fueling yourself properly. Just remember quality over quantity with BOTH your workouts and nutrition!"

So, 20 cals per minute is pretty high. Especially using a really light kb. But, 8-10 cals is a VERY good burn compared to other workouts I have done with my hr.