Workout at Work

Options
Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone had some good tips on how to squeeze in a few exercises at work? I spend a lot of time sitting in my office chair and thought maybe theres a way to tone while you sit. Any and all suggestions are appreciated, thanks! :happy:

-Courtney

Replies

• aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym on my lunch break. Gold's is only 3 miles from my office. So, I get about 45 minutes of a work out done every day in the middle of the day when my energy level is at its highest. Then I come back to work and make myself a protein shake. It has been a great routine for me since I am a wife and mom of two teenage boys who keep me extremely busy!
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    I go for a 3km walk everyday at work. I go with a co-worker, and it takes us 30 minutes....we hustle it. We mapped out a route using mapmyroute.com . We do it on our lunch break.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to explain this one but you could try holding the arms of your chair (straight arms), straightening your legs and then lifting your body out of the chair and just hold it for as long as you can... or do the same thing but lift and sit over and over. You could also make a tricep dip exercise out of it if you bend your arms but don't put your butt all the way down. Does that make any sense? I feel like it's easier to SHOW haha... You can also flex your calves and hold it for a while (at least 30 seconds at a time).

Also, squats and lunges. You can get away with making it look like you're picking some crap up off the floor while really doing squats, and for lunges you can pretend you're reaching for something under your desk and at the back. or you can just do them lol (i get embarrassed and don't want people to think i'm trying to get in some exercise)
  • triciap79
    triciap79 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My co-worker and I walk for 15 minutes on our break and then for 30 minutes on lunch. We are currently trying to get our chairs replaced with an exercise ball chair. Read a lot about them being able to help work your core while sitting. Unforunately after we got an Okay for them they took it back until we can find an OSHA approved one. (Affraid we'll fall off it and sue) Best of luck to you. :o)
  • CPrincipeDeSA
    CPrincipeDeSA Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am confined to my office and am lucky if I have the opportunity to take a five minute walk away from my desk. I walk to speak to staff or deliver necessary paperwork at every opportunity (instead of having them come get it), I will do legwork (squats, kickbacks to work buttocks, and side lifts to work outer thigh area) while I wait for copies or have some down time. Drink only water while at work. Hope this helps.
  • Chelij
    Chelij Posts: 49
    Options
    The hospital I work at actually has quarter mile markers in the basement (yeah, the basement of a hospital doesn't sound like prime walking atmosphere, but you use what you can...and outside isn't really a great option because it's downtown Detroit, lol). On days where I'm working a long shift and I know I won't be able to exercise, I just walk on my breaks.