what do you pack as meals when you go to work

Options
2»

Replies

• livingonpurpose77
    livingonpurpose77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    well, today I brought sweet and spicy tuna, 6 crackers, a cheese stick, fruit, and a caramel fiber one bar (to satisfy my sweet tooth). I also bring breakfast which was instant oatmeal, with 2 T of ground flax mixed in. I usually enter my breakfast and lunch info the night before to see how it looks, and make changes according to whether I like the calorie count or not.
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Leftovers
    Tortilla shell, leftover chicken, salsa, cheese slice, veggie stick with dip, string cheese, fruit, nuts (this is for one day)
    Sandwich, veggie sticks with dip, fruit, string cheese
  • bearsfan68
    bearsfan68 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I take a mid morning and afternoon snack of a fruit and a protein like almonds, string cheese or low fat cottage cheese. For lucn I will take a turkey or ham wrap with veggies, minestrone soup, packet of pink salmon with a salad. I also take leftovers in one of those separated tupperwear containers to reheat. Homemade chicken salad (made with lowfat mayo) on bread or wrap.

Good luck!
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I pack breakfast and lunch...

Breakfast staple (every single day): a 250 calorie mix of Kashi Crunch cereal, dried cherries, and cashews...it's the perfect breakfast food...good mix of protein, fat, and carbs at the beginning of the day. I also couple that with fresh fruit, either a mix of fresh berries, an apple, a red grapefruit, or a fresh peach or nectarine.

For lunch, I usually pack a mixture of the following (typically depending on my planned workout in terms of calorie burn): sunflower seeds (in the shell), cold baked or grilled chicken, dipping sauce (have to have something to dip the chicken in), wheat thins (multigrain), string cheese or low fat cheddar or colby, a low sodium V8, a Chobani yogart (insert any flavor here...I love them all), and a protein bar, and hummus to put on the wheat thins...and always, always, plenty of Bigelow green teas packs (all flavors) and one or two 24oz bottled waters...

I travel for my job, so my variety tends to be limited due to what I can keep in my hotel room...
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I usually take salad fixins, 1 or 2 of my Nutrisystem entrees and snacks (depending if I'm working a single or double shift). Bottled water and crystal light or similar product.
  • michelec64
    michelec64 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Because I work 10 hour shifts I pack both breakfast and lunch. For breakfast I keep a ziploc bag of cold cereal in my desk and to go with that I'll bring in a cup of lowfat yogurt, 50 grams of berries. I also bring an English muffin, which I spread with 2 tsp of whipped butter. For lunch I'll either have a salad with lowfat dressing and a can of soup, or a turkey/ham tortilla wrap with 1 oz. of potato chips. For snacks I'll bring 2 pieces of fruit (usually a plum, an apple, and/or a banana). I also keep a few packs of microwave popcorn in my desk if I want something salty (and I'm sure to stay away from the mega movie theater butter-type varieties to keep it light).
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Bagel thin, small amount of mustard, egg white, and turkey. Think of it as a Starbucks breakfast sandwich but with less calories and not as large.

Lunch: Usually leftovers. Sometimes I bake naan and make mint chutney; sometimes I toast whole wheat pita and make tzatzki sauce with nonfat yoghurt.

I'm not big on snacks; maybe a spinach salad with a bit of shredded carrot and avocado if I had the urge.
  • all76
    all76 Posts: 16
    Options
    I usually pack a cooler and put my overnight oats with blueberries in it for breakfast, cottage cheese for snack, usually a grilled turkey burger with some veggies that I steam in a ziplock steamable bag, then usually one more easy snack like a protein shake or fruit. The girls at work always laugh at me for grazing out of my cooler all day while they are munching away on doughnuts or something!! Well we will see who gets the last laugh!