eat clean/Daniel Fast

Replies

• Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    A daniel fast is eating ONLY plant based foods and ONLY drinking water.. It can be done without the religious aspect of prayer. It essentially just eliminates all meats and "processed junk". Basically just a clean diet meatfree

No Meat?!! Sounds like Hell if you ask me!

Like sausages?
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    A daniel fast is eating ONLY plant based foods and ONLY drinking water.. It can be done without the religious aspect of prayer. It essentially just eliminates all meats and "processed junk". Basically just a clean diet meatfree

Sounds like something worse than hell to me.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member

Someone is making money off of doing this?

I am in the wrong business. Oh right, it's a religion thing. Man, slap some Jesus on it and people will buy it up.

I wonder if the Atheist Fast would sell as fast. No?
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member

Like sausages?

I NEED my Sausage!!!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    our congregation usually does a Daniel fast beginning the end of august or beginning of september. For questions about a daniels fast go here; http://www.ultimatedanielfast.com/2009/10/what-is-daniel-fast.html I had a client who wrote a book about how G-d used a daniels fast to transform her life which led to lasting weight loss. Her book is "21 days to Life" by Sonja Brown. She lost 50 pounds and kept it off!

It's a miracle!

Oh wait, I have another good business model: Pray the Fat Away!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member

I am in the wrong business. Oh right, it's a religion thing. Man, slap some Jesus on it and people will buy it up.

Athiest fast - cigarettes and cocaine, exclusively
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member

Athiest fast - cigarettes and cocaine, exclusively
    Can't do that one either. I NEED my meth and Mt Dew.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member

I tried the Meth and Mt Dew diet. I had much better results with the Speed and Jack Daniels diet.
  • I did the Daniel fast 4 years ago for 40 days, I lost alot of weight, felt great, and ran my fastes 5k time ever and half marathon time ever while I did it.
  • That's what I was trying to find out more about...I've heard it kinda cleanses your body of impurities, helping with the cravings. I just know that I have to cut the sugar doctors orders and it does feel like pure hell not downing a gallon of mtn dew or dr. pepper a day but its that or I'm on the road to being diabetic. Not trying to start a religious cult or step on toes, just trying to find out what all is out there. Don't really eat a lot of meat besides chicken and fish anyway...I dunno, just curious i guess.
  • I did the Daniel fast 4 years ago for 40 days, I lost alot of weight, felt great, and ran my fastes 5k time ever and half marathon time ever while I did it.

WOW! 40 days?? So is it really no meat, just fruits and veggies. I've looked it up but some sites have had modified versions where you can have white meat and some say no meat at all. Cutting the caffeine is my biggest problem.
  • I already eat clean, and I LOVE IT! I feel so much better and no cravings for bad stuff. I don't know what a Daniel Fast is, but you should check out the movie Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, it is a story of two men who go on extended juice fast, like 6 months long! You should try it, it's a good way to reset and keep cravings at bay. They have a website http://jointhereboot.com/

Sounds interesting! Thanks =)
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member

I tried the Meth and Mt Dew diet. I had much better results with the Speed and Jack Daniels diet.
    That works well too. I did that one for 40 days and 40 nights once. I ended up grinding all my teeth down and couldn't chew anything.. Lost weight though!!
  • kateecat
    kateecat Posts: 13
    Gah! I never knew that people used the name for a sold weight lost program. You don't have to buy whatever program it is to do it. It is simply mentioned in the bible but I guess people see it as an opportunity to sell something. All it is is vegetables and cutting out meat for a couple of days. They aren't special Jesus vegetables or anything and it does make sense that it would be healthy for people.
    Also, when someone mentioned the cutting out sugar part, it kind of reminded me of the Biggest Loser Aus where Bob had his team cut out fruit for the first 2 weeks or something so that it would help the contestants rid themselves of all of the sugar cravings they have since they ate so much of it.
    Anyway, sorry about all of that but I kind of hate seeing religious debates and grouping everyone together. There are horrible Christians and horrible Atheists (people just suck in general) and well honestly, Every diet put out there is there to make money off of people. Can it help some people? Yes, but then again people can do it without buying a product. Different strokes for different folks I guess. c:
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member

That works well too. I did that one for 40 days and 40 nights once. I ended up grinding all my teeth down and couldn't chew anything.. Lost weight though!!

would speed and malibu be an acceptable version? cuz I'd go for that...

but seriously, you can't just cut out sugar on your own? like... it HAS to have a fancy name or be a fad before you jump on board? the doctor pointing out that you're slowly committing suicide by sugar isn't enough for you to go, "oh gee, I think I'll put this Dr. Pepper down and grab a nice bottle of water instead!" because if it isn't... then all the Jesus veggies in the world won't help you either!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Clean eating? Nah!

I like my diets to be dirty little diets. You know, just trashy enough to make momma fuss and daddy blush.
  • wasn't looking for any miracle Jesus veggies or miracle diet or anything else, just wanted to see what other people are doing, what works for them what doesn't...I heard the Daniel Fast and eating clean were good ways to accomplish better health and help with cravings.Like drugs and alcohol sugar and caffeine aren't things in my opinion you can just STOP without headaches, feeling like crap, etc. Am i watching the sugar intake? Yes...have I had one soda today? NO, do i have a killer migraine? HECK YEAH. I thought this site was here for people to talk, ask questions, get to know one another and find out what others are doing to accomplish their goals.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Clean eating? Nah!

I like my diets to be dirty little diets. You know, just trashy enough to make momma fuss and daddy blush.

is it too soon to say 'i love you' cuz if it is... i'll come back in 5...
  • DreamLittleDarling
    wasn't looking for any miracle Jesus veggies or miracle diet or anything else, just wanted to see what other people are doing, what works for them what doesn't...I heard the Daniel Fast and eating clean were good ways to accomplish better health and help with cravings.Like drugs and alcohol sugar and caffeine aren't things in my opinion you can just STOP without headaches, feeling like crap, etc. Am i watching the sugar intake? Yes...have I had one soda today? NO, do i have a killer migraine? HECK YEAH. I thought this site was here for people to talk, ask questions, get to know one another and find out what others are doing to accomplish their goals.

yes, that IS what this is for, however a lifestyle change is about making the right choice for yourself, not the right choice for someone else. If you wanna eat clean, eat clean, if you wanna fast, then fast, if you wanna cut out sugar and caffeine then go for it. giving it a name or doing what everyone else is doing isn't going to make it any easier. i'm just saying if you're going to do it, then do it, don't wait for the next big thing to show you how. it's your life, your health, your eyesight, feet, and kidney's that are on the line here...
  • lovejoydavid
    lovejoydavid Posts: 395 Member
    wasn't looking for any miracle Jesus veggies or miracle diet or anything else, just wanted to see what other people are doing, what works for them what doesn't...I heard the Daniel Fast and eating clean were good ways to accomplish better health and help with cravings.Like drugs and alcohol sugar and caffeine aren't things in my opinion you can just STOP without headaches, feeling like crap, etc. Am i watching the sugar intake? Yes...have I had one soda today? NO, do i have a killer migraine? HECK YEAH. I thought this site was here for people to talk, ask questions, get to know one another and find out what others are doing to accomplish their goals.

The so-called Daniel fast is also known as a partial fast, that is, it is only about abstaining from foods the like of which are mentioned in Daniel 10 (alcohol, etc, though there really is not much). Years ago, people were just drinking fruit juice, or tea, etc. The stupid thing is that it is clearly stated in the book of Daniel that his normal diet was actually a source of strength to him, so using his later spiritual fast for health makes no sense to me. Frankly, even for him, it was a purely spiritual effort. It is, however, more manageable than a true fast (only water), or a black (or absolute) fast that features nothing. I think, but am not sure, that the Daniel diet either came out of very early Methodist beliefs (back when they were charismatics), or out of classic pentacostalism. The new thing, that has some marketing behind it, I don't know from.
This discussion has been closed.