Treadmill in living room - how to hide or make less tacky?

We do a lot of entertaining. I have a large family room that I want to put our treadmill in. Any ideas on how we can incorporate into the decor so that it doesn't look quite so tacky?

Replies

• Fold up Model or standard? how big is the room?
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    i have mine in the living room as well. i keep it folded all the time unless i use it. it's on the side next to our couch, it doesn't really shout out " I'M HERE" lol
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    How about a decorative screen? Like the tri-fold kind?
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    It does fold up and then stands vertically when folded. Our room is about 12 by 18. A screen is an idea...
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    How about a decorative screen? Like the tri-fold kind?

I agree with this. Maybe in a corner, place the screen there, put a little table in front of the screen kind of off to the side, and put a plant on it. Make it part of the "scenery" almost? So the screen doesn't look random?
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    tinsel and plastic flowers. make it a feature.
    i don't think you can hide it. go with it!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    No. There is no way.
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302

HAHA!! Decorate it like a Christmas tree, lights, the whole sha-bang!!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Cover it with a blanket or sheet....then everyone will think you never use it :glasses:
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    I have mine in my living room. It sort of just sits there. I've learned to go with it though...not a lot you can do.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    I throw clothes all over mine. Can't even see it :wink:
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member

HAHA!! Decorate it like a Christmas tree, lights, the whole sha-bang!!

Yes, this! The flashing kind.
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Lol my better half did not like it when I brought our treadmill into the living room for the same reason! There really isn't a way to hide it, it is going to be an eyesore. Folding it up doesn't make it disappear and you aren't going to use it as often if you do. However having the treadmill in the living room does have it's advantages. My wife threatens to take it downstairs in storage every time I don't use it so it is incredibly motivating that I do! Furthermore I can spend a little time with my family whilst I am exercising - although I'm a mere male, I have learnt to multitask! And think of the motivation of getting to your goal weight (so that you can banish it from your living room!). Of course I have a long way from that goal lol! Anyway good luck with trying to hide it - sorry for some slightly cynical comments. I do have one final suggestion to everyone using a treadmill though: NEVER place anything on top of it other than people (when exercising). No clothes, no magazines, no presents, nothing! Not only will that make it more of an eyesore but you will find yourself using it less and less! ;)
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361

I would have said the same thing!!! LOL!!!
  • Why worry about hiding the treadmill? Why not be proud that it is there to be used frequently? I feel that in this day and age more people include healthy living as part of the lifestyle and decor - as long as it isn't cluttered and dirty. Now if you aren't using it then THERE is a reason to hide it.
  • rofdear
    rofdear Posts: 1
    cbroad10
    I just goggled the same question and I love your answer. It is a great idea.
  • My friend hides hers behind this beautiful tri-fold chinese silk screen. The screen itself is absolutely gorgeous and you'd never guess there was a treadmill behind it. My advice would be to scour antique markets for something of this vein that goes with your house.
  • medevachic
    medevachic Posts: 2 Member
    Check out Amazon! They have really nice room dividers/screens at pretty decent prices. I am getting ready to purchase this one for my living room to hide our treadmill too!

http://www.amazon.com/Panel-Bamboo-Oriental-Screen-Divider/dp/B0014ZWKHG/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_3