Sweet Treats

Options
Does anyone indulge their sweet tooth? My husband (who's a skinny minny) brought home some ice cream and it's been calling my name. I'm on the fence of whether or not I want to indulge. How does everyone else deal with a sweet tooth?

Replies

• sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That fat free frozen yogurt, i think breyers, is really good. i recently bought cherry suagr free jello and eat it with a serving of fat free ready whip... it's 15 calories and really sweet :) better with real berries for some vitamins.
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Fruit first.
    Sometimes I can get away with that instead of the actual chocolate or ice cream.

Substitute a similar but lower cal treat.
    Skinny cow ice cream for regular or vitatops for a brownie. This doesn't always work for me but sometimes, I just need a LITTLE bit.

Indulge with portion control and when I have the calories available - from earning them!
    Sometimes, I really want gelato from a certain local shop - and when I want that, nothing else will satisfy. So, I have to bike to the shop (I choose the far location about 8 miles), I get the kid's size and have exactly the flavor I want and then I bike home.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of the skinny cow ice cream and also the 100 calorie ice cream bars.
  • wolffs05
    wolffs05 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Be careful with all the fat free, low fat, sugar free etc...They still replace the fat and sugar with chemicals, and the aspartame or other fake sugars can often make you eat MORE......sometimes it may be better to eat in moderation and eat natural. Also, sometimes it's good for your body to overeat your calories to keep your body guessing....
  • stephanielynn1108
    Options
    I like to take grapes and put them in the freezer. Tastes like a popsicle but it is healthy.
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of the skinny cow ice cream and also the 100 calorie ice cream bars.
    Me 2 just eat it slow!!
  • jchester71
    jchester71 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Otter Pops! 15 Calories of cold summertime deliciousness.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE SWEET eater!! I found Artic Zero Ice cream....it is 150 cal for a whole pint!! I also have found Walden Farms 0 calorie Carmel and chocolate syrup....so I put it on the 150 cal icecream with a banana......a 250 calorie banana split!! YUMMMMM!!!

I also will add sugar free jello with yogurt and free cool whip...that is a nice sweet treat. Skinny cow ice cream is also good.....Go to the grocery store and just scan through all of the ice cream. It might take time at first, but will be worth it if you can find something that is tasty and low cal.

Good luck!! GIrl, I have lost 100 lbs and have kept it off for 3 yrs. It isn't always easy, but I am a big fan of sugar free syrup, sugar free ice cream, splenda....anything that can help my sweet tooth helps me stay on track!
  • kulwaters
    Options
    Try Edy's Fruit Bars. www.edy's.com
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I personally have not had this problem.....I have eaten artifical sweeteners for years now and I have kept off 100 lbs for 3 yrs.....do what you think is best for your body.

Be careful with all the fat free, low fat, sugar free etc...They still replace the fat and sugar with chemicals, and the aspartame or other fake sugars can often make you eat MORE......sometimes it may be better to eat in moderation and eat natural. Also, sometimes it's good for your body to overeat your calories to keep your body guessing....
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Don't indulge anything, that's how many of people got over weight problem. Enjoy your ice cream in portion size. If it put you way over your net calories goal, and if you have some time, go burn some calories to make the gap smaller (if you like)
  • smallerthighs
    Options
    Sugarfree jello cups
    Skinny cow ice cream bars
    100 calorie cookie pax
    Walmart bakery sugarfree white chocolate macadamia nut cookies..yummy and chewy!!
  • jessicahelene
    jessicahelene Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow ice cream treats are delicious and fairly low calorie. I do get frozen yogurt from TCBY sometimes. Or from the grocery. VITATOP CHOCOLATE MUFFINS with a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt. Oh my god. I have a secret brownie sundae monster living inside me who is totally tricked by that combo.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I am in love with Jello Dark Chocolate Mousse, 60 calories a cup. I also make Sprite Cupcakes and top them with fresh berries for a 200 calorie dessert.
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Jello Sugar Free Double Chocolate Pudding curbs my cravings for sweets. Or, Cocoa Roast Almonds (they are fatty, but it's healthy fat.) Also, 100 cal pak pecan sandies (they have chocolate and fiber). Fiber One 90 chocolate / peanut butter brownies.
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow ice cream treats are delicious and fairly low calorie. I do get frozen yogurt from TCBY sometimes. Or from the grocery. VITATOP CHOCOLATE MUFFINS with a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt. Oh my god. I have a secret brownie sundae monster living inside me who is totally tricked by that combo.

Love the vitatop with frozen yogurt idea. I will have to try that!
  • klamont9
    klamont9 Posts: 59
    Options
    I freeze bananas and eat them. I know it sounds funny, but it seems more like a dessert once they're frozen.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    If I want ice cream, and I have the calories I have it. If I don't have the calories, I try to manage my calories the next day so that I'll have the calories. I only have a half cup - which is generally one serving. I put it in a small bowl, so it feels like more. But, I don't deprive myself - I'm in this for the long haul and, personally, I'm not going to make it if I always say "no". If I had that kind of self control, I wouldn't be needing to lose weight in the first place!
  • KourtneyP83
    Options
    If you want some, have some. If you don't it's going to continue to eat at you and you may eat a whole container. If you have the calories, have one serving. It seems like its not much, but it will satisfy you and then it will be off your mind. I am a firm believer that if you want something, eat it - just don't eat an excess amount. It's all about portion control. It's unreasonable to think that you can live the rest of your life not having the things you like to eat.