new and fat

Options
Hey everyone Im dani. Ever since I hit 24 years old I have been gaining weight. Im not sure what is going on with me but in Nov. of 2009 I was 125lbs. It is now Aug 2010 and I am 150, some scales say 145 some will say 143 and some will say 147 so I just go with 150. I am 5'2 and this weight is over weight. Its strange to me Because I have never had to deal with weight issues not even after I had my daughter in 2006.

I bought that program by beachbody called Turbo Fire! I really like it. I did it for 3 weeks straight. Although not much moved on the scale I did feel smaller. Then I went back home for a week back in june and havent worked out sense Ive been back home. I feel gross with myself Im super lazy and FAT. I make excues for myself because I go to school for Cosmetology. My Sched is Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. When I get home I feel exhausted so I dont work out :( I need to get out of my slump and suck it up.

Replies

• Recovery101
    Options
    My story is the same! Minus the daughter part, and instead of school at the moment, I work from 9-4. Ever since I started freshman year I have gotten so big! I had gained about 20 pounds. This is my third time registering for mfp because all the other times I have just felt like a failure.
    Don't worry girl! We can do this together! I'll send you a friend request!
  • esloanpa
    esloanpa Posts: 12
    Options
    Good luck and don't beat yourself up! Being in school (and often on your feet no doubt) from 9-5 is not something a lazy person would do. Not sure if you are a member of a gym, but doing the group classes is a lot of fun (after a month or so); kickboxing is an awesome and great workout.
  • sarahemily72
    Options
    I have just started the Turbo Fire too! You need to find a buddy to exercise with....It really helps me!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It will definitely help you. :)