Hello all my new friends

Options
Hello, I am Deana, I am 37 years old and have had weight issues all my life. I was never huge, and always carried it well because I am 5'9". Here lately I am starting to notice I have been packing it on and even a tall frame is not hiding it well.

The last straw was the other day I went in for my physical. I drive a school bus for a living and we have to have one every year for our CDL's. When you go in the nurse weighs you and measures you and all the small stuff, then they put you in a room and tell you the doctor will be right in. So I sit waiting. hating being in the little robe/gown that your rear end sticks out of. in walks the doctor. He must be 6;5" or so and skinny as a rail. I mean unhealthy skinny. The first thing he says, before he even looks up at me is "You are way too fat for your height." He proceeds to tell me he just knows I snore cause I have a fat neck and that I should stop eating so much. I walked out of there mortified. i know I am over weight but never have I been talked to like that. (AND I NEVER WILL AGAIN)

That week I quit smoking so as you can imagine I was not very stable when I walked out. I just went back to college and in my first class they are teaching us about setting goals so I did.
1. Quit smoking
2. Maintain an A average
3. Lose weight
4. design a workout plan I can follow and stick too

I am doing great on 1 and 2, and as of today I got me a treadmill, I am joining the gym Sept 1 so I am getting to #4, but we will have to see how 3 goes.

I would really like to make some friends on here that can be moral support and someone I can turn to if I have hard times with my journey. So if you are interested just hit me up.

Thank you

Replies

• hotpigg
    hotpigg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Id love to ride along on ur journey:) I too am looking for support to get me over the bumps. Add me as a friend if u would like. It's always feels good to cheer on others and get cheered on back. Ps quitting smoking sucks! Good luck. I did it 4 years ago and I feel great. It was hard but I'm glad I did.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Deana!!!
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I'm an adult student too who studies her *kitten* off. Welcome to the site.
  • vespaberrie
    vespaberrie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    As a fellow tall girl, I know how easy it is to let the extra weight creep up on you. I'm also just starting the journey to better health. Please feel free to add me. We need all the support/ encouragement/motivation we can get.

PS- That doctor was an *kitten*.
  • djohnson74
    Options
    What are you studying? I am working for my BS in legal studies, would love to attend law School someday but it is a ways off.