dimples and cellulite

Options
I am wondering if any one has seen a difference in less dimpling (orange peel skin) and cellulite after you started losing weight? I always had some cellulite on my upper thighs but now I noticed like an orange peel skin going on, on my legs and knee fat !!!!
I am freaking out! has anyone noticed any difference with diet and exercise if this has either gone away or improved once you reached your goal weight? or am I doomed with it cause my mom has it bad! I am 42 and need to lose 50 pounds.

Replies

• AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yes, with regular exercise the appearance of cellulite does go down considerably. When you have toned muscle underneath the adipose tissue, it makes the appearance of your skin much smoother - but here's the kicker - for some of us ladies (including myself), no matter how thin you may get, or how fit you may become - you may still have a layer of cellulite left somewhere on your body that will perhaps get thinner, but still be there (mine's on the backs of my thighs). But the key word to all of this is "less" - you'll have less than what you began with, not to mention you'll be healthier. Besides, it's totally natural for us gals to have a little cellulite somewhere anyway! :)