I got one!!!! yea! Part 2

Options
Ugh! Help people who have ANY HRM. This thing is annoying me! It asks me to try different things to find out my Heart rate while doing them so I can set my zones. But I can't get it to do that without guessing first a zone and it keeps beeping first because its too low while I'm sitting and then when its too high while standing... is your heart rate supposed to change so much just sitting it doesn't seem to lock onto a number like the books tells me it does... "sit for two minutes and record the # (which one it changes by the time I do that! And I still havent figured out how to read the part that tells me how many calories I'm burning! I hope my model isn't so cheap that it is constantly irratic:explode: :sad:

I keep reading the books but I think I'm having a blonde night... I think I've figured out how to review my calories but is there a way to have it take that info into storage but not have the alarms go off according to my "target zone" changes. Can I not use the zone part so that I don't beep while I'm at work or ???

PS does anyone have problems with the strap monitor not having a good connection with their skin? Do you have to constantly wet it or buy gel?

Replies

• amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Help people who have ANY HRM. This thing is annoying me! It asks me to try different things to find out my Heart rate while doing them so I can set my zones. But I can't get it to do that without guessing first a zone and it keeps beeping first because its too low while I'm sitting and then when its too high while standing... is your heart rate supposed to change so much just sitting it doesn't seem to lock onto a number like the books tells me it does... "sit for two minutes and record the # (which one it changes by the time I do that! And I still havent figured out how to read the part that tells me how many calories I'm burning! I hope my model isn't so cheap that it is constantly irratic:explode: :sad:

I keep reading the books but I think I'm having a blonde night... I think I've figured out how to review my calories but is there a way to have it take that info into storage but not have the alarms go off according to my "target zone" changes. Can I not use the zone part so that I don't beep while I'm at work or ???

PS does anyone have problems with the strap monitor not having a good connection with their skin? Do you have to constantly wet it or buy gel?
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    What kind is it?

Can't you turn the beep off?

Why would you be wearing it at work?

Buy BuhBump Cream--best stuff there is for wearing with HRMs
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I wanted to wear it to work so that I can see how many more calories I burn standing and traveling than when It is my usual day at work at I sit all day.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Did you get a Timex, it sounds familiar what you're talking about?

When it tells you to do stuff, to find out what your heart rate is while doing it, you shouldn't have to set a zone. You turn on the monitor, and it will show what your heart rate is, above the clock (at least on the Timex it does). You just compare that to your zone chart that came in one of the books and it will tell you.

And no, your rate won't hold steady all the time, even when sitting. But it shouldn't vary by much. Are you fidgeting? That will make your HRM show different numbers all the time.

I have a Timex and have figured it out pretty well, so if you need help, let me know,