Paleo

I'm sure people already started a post but I'm too lazy to search it. So get over it =)

Have you done in the past or currently following Paleo guidelines for eating?

If so, your thoughts? Did you allow items to be consumed that are usually excluded (which ones). Did you feel full? Did you like it? What did a normal day look like for you?

Right now ... I feel I eat a lot of grains. Whether it be chex mix, cereal, bread ... what have you. Def not enough protein.

Do you consume protein shakes to supplement? Whey? Egg?

I look forward to getting some help/guidance in this. Thanks

Replies

• Nyodra
    Nyodra Posts: 40
    Hi there...

I'm not following a Paleo diet, but I am similarly low-carb (Ketogenic Diet) - I'm still new on it, but I've done a lot of reading for both types of lifestyles.
    On Keto there is no cheating, if you eat too many carbs you are thrown out of Ketosis and thus are not following the specific guidelines laid out for the diet. You have to stay around the daily intake of only 5% for carbs.
    Paleo is less intense, and doesn't require such a low amount of carbohydrates. I cant speak for the specific intake levels here, but I know consuming no grain what so ever (I get my carbs from green leafy veggies like spinach and broccoli) but, even being a lard *kitten* still (for now) - I find myself satisfied with the lack of all things grainy. I do however dream about frosted flakes and milk... mmm :)
    I do supplement, yes, I use a chocolate whey protein powder that I mix with some sugar free soy milk (and some Metamucil for fiber) every morning. It really helps fill in the gaps where my diet seems to lack.