2 kg/Week. Is it possible?

Options
I have a surgery coming up in 9 weeks from today. I need to lose a total of 27 kgs a minimum of 18 kgs.before the surgery. I did some math and I think if I lost 2kgs/week will help me eventually lose 18 kgs.

Now I am wondering if it is possible to lose 2kg/week... Has anybody done before? Please let me know how.. I need to lose 18 kgs in 9 weeks from today...

Thank you!
V

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    As long as you're heavy enough to start it is
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    surely if you HAVE to lose the weight before surgery the doctors would have put you on the cabbage soup diet which the NHS use over here to get people down in weight before they go for surgery.
    I'd ask your doctor if there are any diets he suggests maybe? 2 kg is 4.4 lbs? I'd say at a stretch you could do it but definitely talk to your doctor first as you may leave out required vitamins etc to your body and do some damage before surgery
    Good luck
  • CavewomanCoby
    CavewomanCoby Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    For sure. Cut out your carbs/grains and your weight will drop straight away.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    anything is possible, but 4 pounds per week for 9 weeks would be a significant challenge. you're probably going to need to do a strict, 4 week cleanse to begin with....and then add in a few, healthy options.
  • pp67
    pp67 Posts: 26
    Options
    Yes it is possible and doable, providing you are absolutely prepared to 1. watch and keep a tally on what you eat and the amount of calories you eat and 2. match your eating calories with your exercise calories. No 2. will create a calorie deficit which you need to lose the weight. Don't eat your exercise calories.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    If you weigh 179 lbs (your picture), then I don't think it's possible in that amount of time. It looks like you "need" to lose 30 kg total, and for someone who isn't starting out very heavy, you should aim for .5 to 1 lb/week loss. I know this sounds slow, but it's the healthy way to go about it. If you are 179 kg, however, then you could lose 2 kg per week.

No doctor should recommend to someone weighing 179 lbs, that they lose 18 kg in 9 weeks. This may be your personal goal, but it seems like a "quick fix scheme." I would exercise and watch what you eat, and do it the slow and healthy way. In the end it will be better.

Also, on your profile says something about wanting to lose 30kg in 9 weeks... it sucks to hear, but that isn't going to happen unless you cut off your legs. We didn't get fat overnight, so we can't expect to get fit overnight.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, jsut being realistic. Good luck to you, and I hope your shoulder surgery goes well! :smile: