Who loves the Arc Trainer?

Options
When I first went to the gym I couldn't even do 2 minutes. Now I'm up to 30 minutes! I am addicted to this machine. I sweat like crazy and I LOVE IT! Lately, I been doing 30 minutes at an intensity of 100 alternating every 5 minutes between incline 10 and 0. What is your routine? Do you use it every day?

Replies

• paulagabay
    Options
    Good Job. I love that machine. I used to use it every day when I was going to the gym. It is a great machine. I liked doing the cardio setting for 30 minutes.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    You love it. And thank God because I hate that darn thing! Glad I can get my cardio in elsewhere. :-)
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    When I use it at the gym I do the Fat Burn for 30-45 minutes. Love the machine!
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    My favorite cardio machine. I just do 30 minutes on 30 with an incline of 12 once or twice a week. But I use my elliptical at home too.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I always say that when I do that my heart rate gets way higher and faster then doing the treadmill (even when running on it). There is something about the bouncing motion that is a much better workout. In the beginning I could only last 2-3 minutes and now I can last 10-12.
  • williamnkc
    Options
    It is my favorite cardio machine to use. I do 45 minutes of interval cardio 5 days a week usually Sunday-Thursday and rest on Fri/sat.. 2 min intervals of 13 resistance and 2 minutes at 4 resistance.. Making that heart rate go up and down is great for weight loss!
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    It is my favorite cardio machine to use. I do 45 minutes of interval cardio 5 days a week usually Sunday-Thursday and rest on Fri/sat.. 2 min intervals of 13 resistance and 2 minutes at 4 resistance.. Making that heart rate go up and down is great for weight loss!

Do you think it's better to do higher intensity or lower intensity. I see other girls at the gym for 40+ minutes at intensity 15 the whole time. What do you think the reasoning is behind that?
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I love it for some crosstraining action. I think it's much better than an elliptical. It's not terribly had, but it's a decent workout. I usually do about an hour or so. The machine that absolutely kicks my butt is this stair climbing machine that looks like a staircase with steps that just recycle themselves. Man! I sweat profusely on that and it really kicks up the heart rate!
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options

Do you think it's better to do higher intensity or lower intensity. I see other girls at the gym for 40+ minutes at intensity 15 the whole time. What do you think the reasoning is behind that?

It depends on your goal. If it's aerobic conditioning, then lower intensity and the much longer workout is superior.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with it. I haven't done it very often... kinda depends on how sadistic I'm feeling that day. :devil:
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I love it for some crosstraining action. I think it's much better than an elliptical. It's not terribly had, but it's a decent workout. I usually do about an hour or so. The machine that absolutely kicks my butt is this stair climbing machine that looks like a staircase with steps that just recycle themselves. Man! I sweat profusely on that and it really kicks up the heart rate!

I see that machine at the gym and walk past - I'm going to try it this week!!!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I like it when I'm just looking to do some steady state cardio.

But it doesn't work well for HIIT, so I tend to avoid it. [:
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I love mine, I purchased a commercial and got a *very* good deal on it (same price as the consumer model). I try to do it for an hour 5 times a week (when not traveling). I had LOTS of travel this summer, so I missed my exercise. ):
  • williamnkc
    Options
    It works just fine fit HIIT. You do the interval training 2 minutes at high intensity/high resistance 2 minutes low intensity/low resistance... As long as you have your heart rate going up and down you have HIIT.