filling breakfast ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• lucycaz
    lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi

I really struggle with Breakfast (well I used to) as I can't eat when I first get up and as soon as I hot work it just gets too busy, however about 6 weeks ago on the advice of my PT I started having a Protein shake for breakfast - I also usually swim before work so it has a double function.

I have discovered PHD Diet Whey.... Flavours are good and a 2 scope serving with water is 197cals

Now I have a different problem it keeps me full so long I am having to make myself eat lunch

Lucy
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    All of these ideas are GREAT!!! Protein is the answer...I have a Kiwi, an egg with cheese, 1 slice whole wheat bread everyday...I was concerned about that but after research I found it's not bad for me....on weekends I do 2 eggs scrambled with cheese and turkey bacon...really keeps you full!!!

I do know that the steel cut oats are good also and very filling...

:flowerforyou:
  • allybtucker
    Options
    I eat the breakfast Timothy Ferris recommends in 4 hour body, and I love it. Carb (ceral and oatmeal) type breakfasts never satisfied me, I always liked eggs and hashbrowns, breakfast sandwich, that kind of heavy calorific thing. So now I eat half a cup of egg beaters with a little salsa mixed in, half a cup of beans (he recomends lentils, I usually do kidney or lima) and half a cup of frozen spinach. Not only is it filling and lasting, I think there's a day and a half's worth of fiber in there! As long as they allow you bathroom breaks, you'll be fine!
  • GenerationD05
    Options
    Every time I'd have a test that was for a few hours, like the SAT's or really early college exams, my mom always told me to have oatmeal. She said that it'd keep me full for at least four, which she was pretty right. Had it every time and I never once thought of food. Now, I make it with plain oats, a dash of cinnamon, a tbs of honey and a quarter cup of raisins. Even in general when I have it for breakfast now, it keeps me full for a while.

I also agree to try different foods suggested here until you find one that works best for you. One thing that works for someone else might not work for you at all haha.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions so far.

My breakfast is usually in the 300-450 calorie range and fills me into the afternoon (I don't eat lunch until 1pm-2pm at work). It consists of a piece of fruit, greek yogurt (2% fat), and 1oz of raw almonds.

Good amount of protein in it.
  • gonetothebeach
    gonetothebeach Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I find a bowl of mixed berries, yoghurt and 10-20g of mixed seeds fills me up loads for at least 4 hrs :)
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have a very hard time eating first thing in the morning. Right now I am off work so I have been cooking breakfast (though it doesn't take long because I hate to cook) all in one pan. Now part of this may seem odd but as a kid my mom used to cook hot and egg for breakfast for me I have adapted it for healthier eating

1 cup Frozen Obrien Potatoes (complex carb) - 80 cal
    1 fat free turkey hot dog (protien) - 40 cal
    1 large egg scrambled (protien) - 70 cal
    1 piece of fruit (Simple Carb) - varies

I spray the entire pan with a non-stick calories free spray. Put the potatoes in the pan. While that starts to cook take the hot dog and cut it in half and the slice the entire thing into half circle (you could do larger pieces but it takes longer). Put the hot dog on the opposite side of the pan to brown it some. Stir the potatoes often so they don't burn. When the potatoes and hot dog seem cooked, take the scrambled egg and pour it over the hot dog and stir until it is the way you like your scrambled eggs. Then eat with your fruit. The simple carb gets you started and the complex carb and protien keep you going..

This lasts me 4 or 5 hour at least unless I workout then I have to eat again...

Good luck on your test!