What is the 30 Day Shred? Q & A Thread

Options
13»

Replies

• jeaninemckinney
    Options
    Ive had this video for a long time and have always done it for maybe 2 weeks then something comes up or im to tired and its just so easy to not do it! Ive never made it past level 2 so today im starting back at level 1 and doing the whole thing actually going to take pics and measurements so i can see what happens to my own body! Good luck everyone...its not that bad! And when u feel like ur going to die ahd u want to stop its pretty much over! Its the cardio that kicks my *kitten*! Have fun ahd i cant wait to see everyones pics in around 30 days! :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    its actually not meant to be done 30 days straight.. ten days at each level yes (unless it gets too easy) BUT jillian herself says to do it 2 days then a cardio day then 2 days then cardio then rest day. She actually says that the rest day is VERY important just an FYI
    [/quote

This^^^ she says this on her podcast]
  • Motivation4KB
    Motivation4KB Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 .. So thanks for posting this
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I checked this thread out, because I was under the impression that you were just supposed to do one level for 30 days (then maybe start doing 30 days of level 2 and level 3).

I started Level 1 a little more than a week ago, then got sidetracked by St. Patrick's Day, followed by illness. So I think I'll just re-start tomorrow when I'm about up to 100% again. I don't want to give up on this, although it was definitely very tough for me the first few days... it had started getting easier and then I got sick!! Frustrating.
  • lizzie1030
    Options
    I do like Jillian videos...Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and No More Trouble Zones are great and I just got her new Kickbox and Extreme Shed and Shred.

The problem with the 30 Day Shred is the girl in the back that is cheating. She is suppose to be doing the tough moves and the camera keeps catching her stopping and resting. It may be picky of me, but it is really annoying. For that reason, I can't do this video anymore.
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Great info, saving this for later. Starting 30 DS on Monday!
  • grantsmom08
    grantsmom08 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to and a little nervous about starting this video!
    Thanks for the info!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Huh I have not see this yet. Guess I better leave my cave more often! I would love to try this but really not good to put to much belief in something that is a quick fix. I would see this as more of a jump start to a long term lifestyle change. Man she is in such great shape, and to think she was a fat kid!
    It's definitely not a quick fix, but it's a huge step in the right direction, at least it was for me. :smile: It's what got me exercising again, and got me to start using weights for the first time since high school (many moons and lbs ago!).

I did it for longer than 30 days, and I didn't do it every day of the week. The first time I did it, I used my old 5lb dumbbells from my high school days, and rocked that first workout! Then I moved like an old, old woman for about three days after that! :tongue: So dang sore. Once I recovered, and purchased some lighter dumbbells, I got back to it. I did it 4-5 days a week, sometimes less, sometimes more, depending on my schedule. I moved up a level when I felt I was ready, or when I got bored!

Eventually I wanted something more, so I picked up her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD. When I felt 'finished' with 30DS, I started alternating days with the two DVDs. As I went back through 30DS (picking whichever level I felt like doing that day), I started using heavier dumbbells as my strength increased.

From there I just kept adding more workouts, and now I've got a stack of 8 Jillian DVDs on my entertainment center. :bigsmile: With these workouts and changing to healthier eating habits, and over two years I've lost about 20 lbs, dropped a pants size and have gained all kinds of strength, endurance, flexibility, and confidence in what I can do. And I'm still going strong!
  • Chrissy979
    Chrissy979 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    *bump
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My wrists never got strong enough for all the moves in plank position. I am going to try to make my wrists stronger and try again.
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

**Jillian’s voice is annoying and I have all her lines memorized. How am I going to make it through 30 days without throwing my dumbbell at the TV?**:grumble:
    Turn down the volume and crank up your favorite tunes on your stereo or ipod, buddy! And don’t phone it in!

The DVD also has an option to do the workout with music only, no Jillian! I had her memorized by the end of day two. During the second set of static lunges she says "only a couple more" but really its like eight more and I get mad each and every time!

I know exactly where you are talking about - I have the same reaction!! haha I might give the music only version a try...excellent suggestion!
    ^^^this^^^
  • kcobrien525
    Options
    Do you know anything about the ripped in 30. I just started yesterday and I'm so sore. But it kind of feels good. Lol! Just curious if anybody else had the same results as the 30 DS with the ripped in 30?
  • Amedug
    Amedug Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Started today! What a work-out - SWEAT ON!!