Homemade yogurt

Options
Does anyone go to the trouble of making their own yogurt? Is it difficult? Is it yummy? I've become addicted to Greek yogurt and it is so darn expensive!

Replies

• lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Does anyone go to the trouble of making their own yogurt? Is it difficult? Is it yummy? I've become addicted to Greek yogurt and it is so darn expensive!
  • jawaria
    Options
    it's gud and easy! Take 2 tablespoons of your Greek yogurt and take about 2 cups of milk...i use fat free...boil the milk and let it cool down a bit...while the milk is cooling take acpl spoons of milk and liquify ur yogurt. afters of 10 mins of cooling add the liquid yogurt to the milk. stir and put in a plastic container and cover tightly. any tupperware wud do...then stick it ur oven and leave it for 6-8 hours. i say the oven bcoz it'll be closed nad naturally warm and less chances of moving...after 8 hours stick it bin the fridge! voila! yogurts ready!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Hahah made a tiny batch today, so far so good...it looks like yogurt and smells like yogurt. I am straining it in a cheesecloth to make it thicker like greek yogurt. You were right it is really easy, I made it with lowfat organic milk and a starter of greek yogurt.