New girl (as of 9 days ago)

Options
Hello! :smile: I am 19 years old, and after struggling with body image issues from about 6th grade through high school, I have finally found peace with the way I look; however, I am also in college, so I struggle with the Freshman 15, and I just transferred to a larger state university for my sophomore year, so I joined the marching band, and I need to get in shape for 9 hours of marching during the week-long band camp I have coming up. The reason I joined is because one of my friends from my freshman year college posted something about losing 12 pounds with the help of this website, and I was trying to figure out the best way to get in shape for band camp, so I decided to try this. I'm mostly concerned about my legs and feet being in too much pain to function after the first day of band camp, so I've been getting up around sunrise to go for a walk around where I live. I started this 5 days ago with a one hour walk, and I've been adding 10 minutes every day, so today I walked 5.2 miles, and tomorrow I will go for a two hour walk. Wish me luck in my conditioning, and good luck to everyone else too...WE CAN DO THIS!!!! :happy:

Replies

• sonorasgirl
    Options
    That's awesome! Walking and stationary bike riding are my favorite exercises. I have to keep my legs in shape as well, though I think you've definitely got me beat: I work at Starbucks and have to stand all day long, so if I don't work out my legs they end up in major pain by the end of the day.
  • wedwithbabies
    wedwithbabies Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You go girl! The first step is getting up and doing something... & that is just what you are doing! Great job... MFP is great especially with all the wonderful motivators on here! If you would like to add me go right ahead - I don't bite ;)

Good luck on your journey!