I feel like death (pity part)

Options
I have the worst flu I've had in years. I've been in bed for two days, I'm still counting my calories but haven't moved much. How will this affect my weight loss? I'm on antibiotics and flu meds.

Replies

• 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You might lose weight, although probably water weight...I lost 6 lbs the last time I had it!
  • Ashisrunning
    Options
    just dont eat as much ...but im guesing thats hard to do. Just drink lots of water wile taking in little food so you dont feel as hungry. and you should be fine with 2 days of not exercising :smooched:
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I had the flu once for a whole damn week. I stayed in bed or watched TV all day long because I felt so bad. I lost weight because I couldn't hold anything down or didn't even want to. The medicine sucks. All I drank was water, unsweetened hot tea, and some gatorade. It's really horrible. I wouldn't even keep track of what you are eating (as long as you eat healthy small meals). Let it pass and once you feel better then start over.

GET BETTER SOON! :)
  • heather_elise85
    heather_elise85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    so sorry you are sick : ( probably will lose 5-10lbs but gain it right back.. you know when you are sick and you cant eat and then all the sudden you feel better and you want to eat everything in sight. try to avoid that last part ;)
  • STARSHINE1975
    Options
    I would focus more on getting better. You need rest and if you try to overdo things, you may get sicker. Keep counting your calories, but rest up. The calorie limit is based on if you were sitting on your butt all day, so sleep up! I hope that you are feeling better soon. =)
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Feel better!

Don't worry about your weight loss, just concentrate on getting better!
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    When you are recovering from the flu, you need to suspend your diet and get well. I haven't had the flu in years, but if I remember that dreaded bug, I lost 5 lbs and then put them back on. Chances are, you will still lose weight and probably keep it off since you are counting calories.

Hope you feel better soon. :)

Go back to bed! Lots of fluids & rest.

Dr. Rikki (hahahaha)
  • JoelleMonique
    Options
    Thank you everyone. The title should say "Pity party"
  • makemetinyplz
    Options
    You'll lose water weight and if you're like me then you don't eat durring the flu. I had the flu about 3 years ago and I lost 5 lbs.