Questions for Polar FT4 users...

Options
Do you use a wrist band or chest strap? If you use a wrist band, how accurate are they?? and can I wear either wrist band or chest strap all day to see how many calories burned in a given day with normal activity??
Thanks in advance all!!

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Mine has a chest strap.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    ...forgot to add, no reason as to why you can't wear it all day!
  • TheYoungRetiree
    TheYoungRetiree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, you have to wear the chest strap(?)... I just got mine and don't see how to use it without it. The chest strap measures and the watch part just calculates it. Am I wrong?

I would say you could wear it all day, but I wouldn't re-eat those calories since it's pretty much covered and accounted for in the lifestyle section (where you clicked if you were sedentary/active)
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, you have to wear the chest strap(?)... I just got mine and don't see how to use it without it. The chest strap measures and the watch part just calculates it. Am I wrong?

I would say you could wear it all day, but I wouldn't re-eat those calories since it's pretty much covered and accounted for in the lifestyle section (where you clicked if you were sedentary/active)

lol no I wouldnt eat back those calories thanks for the advice though. I am just curious how many calories I burn on normal daily activity and to see how right MFP is on my goal calories. Planning on getting a HRM. was told the Polar FT 4 was good and I seen one in the Target by my house for about $94 but the package looked to small to have a chest strap. It had just a wrist band I think and I didnt see anything on the package that said chest strap. I think I will hit up the ****'s Sporting Goods and see what they have.
    Thanks for your input!!
  • TheYoungRetiree
    TheYoungRetiree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I got mine on amazon and paid $80 after next day shipping. Might be better than target. The box is TINY, but comes with chest strap and watch :D I love mine so far!
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I got mine on amazon and paid $80 after next day shipping. Might be better than target. The box is TINY, but comes with chest strap and watch :D I love mine so far!

Hmmmmm maybe there is a chest strap then lol It was a tiny box. Your probably right and I just didnt see it on the package.Thanks!! Now I am excited to get it. Thought it was going to cost more than that to get the chest strap. : )
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    The chest strap comes with it. It is a very comfortable material that folds easily. :bigsmile:
  • SophRW
    SophRW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I use the chest strap. I LOVE my polar monitor. One of my best fitness purchases =)