where my tall girls at?

barbiex3
barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
edited September 30 in Health and Weight Loss
5'7" or taller =] !?!
LETS see your success !
feeeel free to add me. I would love to have more friends who are close to my height!!!!

I'm 5'8.5"
Highest weight: 158
Current weight: 129
GOAL- 127!
(small frame)

:D ! feeeel free to add me.

DSCF0977.jpg

Photoon2011-07-27at20025.jpg

Replies

• banjjo
    banjjo Posts: 89
    Same height as you! Actually I think I may have shrunk to 5'8". lol. Not sure. :) Great job on not smoking for 5 days!
  • niciivey
    niciivey Posts: 40 Member
    I'm 5'11". I hate being so tall! Helps with not looking huge with all the extra weight I have though!
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    5'8"!
  • jbiancad
    jbiancad Posts: 66 Member
    Im 5'11!
    SW:190
    CW:172
    GW:140ish

Anyone feel free to add me as well!
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    5"10. I love being tall. I can reach the blueberries in the top of the bush, which are always the sweetest. ;) I love berry season... sigh.
  • slenderwoman
    slenderwoman Posts: 31 Member
    oh...c'mon! you guys hate being 5'8"? I'm 6'4"!! try buying pants when you're this tall!! lol
  • bonkers5975
    ps, Being taller also allows you to carry your weight well. People fall over when I tell them what I weigh. And no, I'm not ashamed of it. I started my journey at 345, and I'm now 238. Another 40 lbs will likely be as low as I go.

:)
  • niciivey
    oh...c'mon! you guys hate being 5'8"? I'm 6'4"!! try buying pants when you're this tall!! lol

OMGosh! I have a hard enough time trying to find pants long enough and I am only 5'11". I can't imagine being as tall as you! I hope you embrace it though.
  • niciivey
    ps, Being taller also allows you to carry your weight well. People fall over when I tell them what I weigh. And no, I'm not ashamed of it. I started my journey at 345, and I'm now 238. Another 40 lbs will likely be as low as I go.

I am the same way. People can try and guess my weight all day and be close to 100lbs off. Once i tell them they are shocked because I carry it well. I started at 326, and I am at 315 now after a month.
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member

I LOVE being taller.
  • bonkers5975

I am the same way. People can try and guess my weight all day and be close to 100lbs off. Once i tell them they are shocked because I carry it well. I started at 326, and I am at 315 now after a month.

Congrats! :D
  • bonkers5975

I can't even imagine! I have to special order jeans because I'm a 36" inseam. :p That is a drawback! :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    *Points to profile pic* Tall person right here!

I'm 5'9 and I started out at 180.. Currently at 156 and goal is 150 but ultimate goal is 140.. just gotta see how I look at 150 first!

I hear all the tall ladies on people never believing what you really weigh.. all my friends are short and are jealous that I can weigh about the same as they do yet look thinner.
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    5'10 here! And I have the same experience with people not believing that I'm as heavy as I am.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    5'9"
    I started at 178 13 months ago. Down to 153 now. Clothed before and current pictures in my profile.
  • 181cm here!
    Starting out with 99kg aiming for around 75-82kg
    And yes finding pants the right lengrh sucks! And no one can believe how much I weigh cos they forget I'm tall...
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member

I have a friend from college who is 6'6". It's a good thing she's from Montana because the only jeans should could find that were long enough were wranglers. She bought her heels from a drag queen catalog!
  • durangocal
    durangocal Posts: 90 Member
    I am 6 foot and have two sisters that are the same. I love being tall and am married to a 6 foot 8 inch guy! We have 3 sons. I NEVER discuss what my weight is with others so I really have no idea what others perceive my weight to be. My sisters have been much better at keeping in shape than I have but I am changing that one day at a time! Thank heavens for internet shopping -I can find pants and long sleeved shirts that fit!!! My last order the pants were so long that they hit the ground even with heeled shoes on! I am sure some of you can relate to how wonderful/thrilling that feeling was!
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Hey girls I'm a 6 footer (185 cm for the yanks!) Agree re carrying it better too! Heaviest 102 kg in April nearly 10 kg down so far, another 10 to go really...
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 846 Member
    6ft amazon woman here. join up to the Totally Tall womens group. loads of us lanky girls around. :)
This discussion has been closed.