Help Me! Advice Needed!

Options
fjones0021
fjones0021 Posts: 39
edited September 2022 in Chit-Chat
Hi Everyone, this doesn't have to deal with weight or anything but it is a great deal of stress and A LOT ON MY MIND HERE LATELY!:ohwell:

Im currently enrolled in college and technically I am a sophmore fixing to apply for the RN and the LPN program that will start up in the Fall of 2009! Im applying for both incase I dont get into the RN program. Im very excited about applying but I also am diein to take a semester off! All I have left to take for next semester is Microbiology and that is the only one! If I only take that one I am entitled to start payin back on the loan I had to take out in the spring semester of this year to pay for the schooling I've received this year! I feel stuck in a situation I dont know how to go about handling!!!!!:cry::sick: either way taking off a semester or only taking that one class I have to start paying back the loans, so Im thinking just taking a semester off will allow me more time for myself as well as more time to work to pay off the already one loan that I have!
I feel that I deserve a much needed break from school but Im afraid if I dont take Micro this spring semester and just wait to take it once I get into the program Im going to murder myself LOL figuratively speaking just b/c its going to be so hard to keep up with ALL that work!
I just dont know what to do! My gut tells me to take the semester off, but then again Im scared too!
:cry: :brokenheart: :sick: :indifferent: :ohwell: :grumble: :noway:

any advice will help!!! Please :frown:

Replies

• fjones0021
    Options
    Hi Everyone, this doesn't have to deal with weight or anything but it is a great deal of stress and A LOT ON MY MIND HERE LATELY!:ohwell:

Im currently enrolled in college and technically I am a sophmore fixing to apply for the RN and the LPN program that will start up in the Fall of 2009! Im applying for both incase I dont get into the RN program. Im very excited about applying but I also am diein to take a semester off! All I have left to take for next semester is Microbiology and that is the only one! If I only take that one I am entitled to start payin back on the loan I had to take out in the spring semester of this year to pay for the schooling I've received this year! I feel stuck in a situation I dont know how to go about handling!!!!!:cry::sick: either way taking off a semester or only taking that one class I have to start paying back the loans, so Im thinking just taking a semester off will allow me more time for myself as well as more time to work to pay off the already one loan that I have!
    I feel that I deserve a much needed break from school but Im afraid if I dont take Micro this spring semester and just wait to take it once I get into the program Im going to murder myself LOL figuratively speaking just b/c its going to be so hard to keep up with ALL that work!
    I just dont know what to do! My gut tells me to take the semester off, but then again Im scared too!
    :cry: :brokenheart: :sick: :indifferent: :ohwell: :grumble: :noway:

any advice will help!!! Please :frown:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    You might be able to defer your loan payments. I'm not sure of the right order of operations, but I know my friend had to take a semester off & as long as she proved she was going to be enrolled in classes after her off sememster, she didn't have to start paying on her loans. Good luck to you! Nursing school is stressful enough as it is!

Don't overwork yourself, but in the same breath, it is hard to go back once you stop for a minute especially if you're going to be working more. You'll get used to that $ coming in & it'll be difficult to cut back, kwim?

That's just my little piece of advice. :flowerforyou:
  • fjones0021
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I know it will be a lil' difficult to start back but I think I have enough will power too .. Its just my fiance is projected to be deployed in the summer of next year and I also want to spend as much time with him as possible too, of course we are 9 hours almost 600 miles away from each other but I could take more weekends to go see him! We are also in the midst of trying to plan a wedding, I just dont know what to do at times ...im in such a stressful state, Im even border line High Blood pressure, and Im only 19 well be 20 in February!

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND ADVICE THO!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd concentrate on school and put the wedding--planning on the back-burner. I will probably sound like a terrible, selfish person, but I put my career goals above everything else because I am the only constant in my life. I won't fail myself. My relationship might fail, a future marriage might fail (in fact I know it would at this juncture because I don't want kids and my bf does), but I won't. There's no point in adding extra stress. I tutor a lot of girls in the nursing program, and I can see it's very challenging. Be wary of taking time off, because as 3baby says, it's hard to get back into it. It's easy to find an easy job that pays the bills. It's so easy to get comfortable with it, especially when school is challenging. I don't even trust myself to take time off because I have 1.5 years of community college and then a PhD to look forward to after I graduate this summer. I mean, 7 1/2 more years will probably wear me down, but that's the price of reaching your goals. It's not supposed to be easy.

Just my .02.
  • ladybug0416
    ladybug0416 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd concentrate on school and put the wedding--planning on the back-burner. I will probably sound like a terrible, selfish person, but I put my career goals above everything else because I am the only constant in my life. I won't fail myself. My relationship might fail, a future marriage might fail (in fact I know it would at this juncture because I don't want kids and my bf does), but I won't. There's no point in adding extra stress. I tutor a lot of girls in the nursing program, and I can see it's very challenging. Be wary of taking time off, because as 3baby says, it's hard to get back into it. It's easy to find an easy job that pays the bills. It's so easy to get comfortable with it, especially when school is challenging. I don't even trust myself to take time off because I have 1.5 years of community college and then a PhD to look forward to after I graduate this summer. I mean, 7 1/2 more years will probably wear me down, but that's the price of reaching your goals. It's not supposed to be easy.

Just my .02.

I just want to say I agree with this! I put my career/schooling before everything. I want to be a surgeon, so surgery has to come first!! My boyfriend understands though, he knows if we get engaged we will have a LONG engagement because I don't want to even think about a wedding until I'm finished with school. You need to finish school before you worry about settling down and planning a wedding!!
  • fjones0021
    Options
    Its not just the wedding that I want a break, I feel burnt out in a way, Trust me My Fiance is very supportive we've been engaged over two years now together for a total of 5... he is in the military and I barely get to see him a month out of a year ... and he isn't pressuring me at all ...he is soon going to be deployed in the summer, so Im going to have plenty of time to concentrate on school! He supports me and I love him so much for that....

I just feel like I need a break I've been working since I was 16 pretty much every single day of my life and over the past year I've worked full time plus go to school full time ..its rough...
    I need to work b/c I have bills to pay for school and for transportation to school so its like im stuck ...geez I know ppl say its hard to start back after having a break from school but I think I have enough will power to go back

I do thank every one of you for the advice tho!!!! I really appreciate it
This discussion has been closed.