Next day pain?

Options
What do you do when youre in pain the day following a workout? Do you suck it up and do a workout anyways? Or do you take a day off, and do something easier?

Replies

• StanMcCullars
    Options
    Train don't strain. :smile:
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I take it easy and just go for a 30 minute walk if it is too uncomfortable.
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I keep going but remind myself maybe I shouldn't have worked out so hard the day before. I tend to take it a little easier too, depending on what I am doing.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    It depends on the pain and how severe it is. If the pain is so intense I can't do normal day to day things (like sitting, standing, bending over without pain) then I skip working out for a day or two to recover. If it is more of an ache - I go ahead and workout. I just listen to my body. At the beginning of my weight loss journey, I used to push through ALL pain - after suffering through a stress fracture in my hip because I was too stubborn to STOP.. I learned my lesson.
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I would alternate muscle groups when weight training...and if you're in too much pain do some low impact cardio instead. Maybe a walk or a dance work out. You can over work every single muscle group besides abs. Something I have seen is working all the frontal muscles one day(Biceps, quads, front of shoulders, abs) then the next day work the muscles in the back of your body(butt, hamstrings, calves, back, back of shoulders) You should deff take a break though if ur in too much pain.
  • sgrinavi
    sgrinavi Posts: 80
    Options
    If you're talking about DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) then I take a couple advil and work a different body part..... an injury would be another story