salad dressings are the worst!!

Options

Replies

• twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted right now to Maple Grove Farm's Fat Free Wasabi Dijon!!!! Only 40 cal for 2 TBSP!!!
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Balsamic vinegar and a few olives can transform a bland salad. I find cherry tomatoes adds some sweetness. Of course nothing beats fresh (organically grown) ingredients!
  • Jelleebean
    Jelleebean Posts: 212
    Options
    kraft light zesty italian is decent.. can't think of the calorie content at the moment... but, someone above said cottage cheese.. i just may have to try that... that sounds wonderful :)
  • jpamplin28
    jpamplin28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Maple Grove Farms make a good sugar free Raspberry Vinaigrette that has only 5 cals, 0 fat, and 1 carb per 2 tablespoons. Lately I have been really liking Newman's Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger. That one has 35 cals, 1.5 g fat, and 5 carbs per 2 tablespoons but I usually only end up using half a serving.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I use cottage cheese instead of dressing. I love it!!!!

me too.
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice is good enough for me.
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    i am with you, have never found a low cal dressing i like that is low enough to be "guilt free". I generally just use some balsamic, or if the salad suits it, i use salsa. Once in a while i go ahead and count in for the calories of some yummy thousand island, but frankly i don't love all the regular fat ones too. Guess i'm just picky with the dressing!
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love Nakano roasted garlic rice vinegar on my salads, veggies, chicken, fish, etc. I also like the yogurt dressings and do the "dip and poke method" istead of pouring it on.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I love honey mustard as a flavor, but instead of honey mustard dressing, I use a couple tbsp of honey mustard.

I also like a extra virgin olive oil/vinegar combination. Lately, it's been a red wine vinegar.
  • Treimusic
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Dressings are THE BOMB 70 Calories for the Ranch, 50 for the Blue Cheese (my absolute favorite)....Try them they are really delish. They are in the cool section near bagged Salads..
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Dressings are THE BOMB 70 Calories for the Ranch, 50 for the Blue Cheese (my absolute favorite)....Try them they are really delish. They are in the cool section near bagged Salads..

Hrm, I don't think I've ever seen those. I'd given up on a good light blue cheese and just eat mediocre light blue cheese.
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    Is the jalapeno pepper juice high in sodium? I like the bolthouse ranch dressing, it is a lot lower in calories! I add some salsa in with it and mix it together then put it on my salad, mmmmm, but of coarse that adds a lot of sodium!
  • LoserCruiser
    Options

Hrm, I don't think I've ever seen those. I'd given up on a good light blue cheese and just eat mediocre light blue cheese.

The bolthouse ranch is awesome and only 35 calories per tbsp!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    I wish that I could find a low calorie/low fat or fat free salad dressing that I like. I'm a Thousand Island girl. So far everyone that I have tried tasted horrible!
    I like Lite Asian Toasted Sesame. And that was switching from thousand.
  • FrauHausMaus
    Options
    Ken's fat free raspberry walnut is delicious and I like the Raspberry vineagrette too.

I like to drizzle a teaspoon of that stuff over grilled chicken, especially if it's a little dry. It's magical!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I wish that I could find a low calorie/low fat or fat free salad dressing that I like. I'm a Thousand Island girl. So far everyone that I have tried tasted horrible!

Me to girl, nothing but the thousand will do! I found that wishbone light is THE BOMB and it's like 70 calories or something per serving. Still high but man, it is SO good!
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    I'm so with you on this one ... I found a great spicy salsa that I've been using ... Bingo! Great way to get the flavor without the fat and calories .... If you really need the ranch dressing ... "water it down" with the salsa to get a spicy southwestern ranch dressing ... that way you can still get the fix without all the downsides.

That is what I do, mix salsa with it, BUT salsa is high in sodium, I haven't found one yet that isn't?!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes has a very tasty low fat ranch dressing, yum!
  • lindaj13
    lindaj13 Posts: 30
    Options
    try walden farms dressngs available in the health food section of most super markets. Lots of varieties. I like the chiplote ranch and the bacon ranch (imitation bacon not pork) it has 0 fat, 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 sugar! I am not sure how that is possible but it is. Check it out and see for yourself!

I use Walden Farms ranch and honey dijon and I enjoy both of them. I don't know how it can be zero everything but it is.
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love Wishbone fat-free blue cheese and Kraft fat-free ranch when I feel like a creamy dressing on my salad...they are both so good!