Peanut Butter Replacement ??

Options
Well, to make the story short... i LOVE peanut butter. However it is extremely fatty and the reduced fat peanut butter just doesn't hit the spot.I am trying to find something that will satisfy my PB craving Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    look into pb2
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If you haven't tried PB2 yet, do. I bought some recently at a local sporting store and it's very close to regular peanut butter for 45 calories and 1.5 grams of fat!
  • futurekilousky
    Options
    Trader Joes has this stuff I use called "better n'peanut butter" way healthier, only 2g fat! Doesn't taste exactly
    Like pb but is a yummy replacement !
  • n3wlif3styl3
    Options
    If you haven't tried PB2 yet, do. I bought some recently at a local sporting store and it's very close to regular peanut butter for 45 calories and 1.5 grams of fat!

where can you buy pb2?
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    There was a time when this thread would have made me so happy.
  • Meggie0603
    Meggie0603 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    PB2 is really good, especially for the amount of fat grams you are saving yourself. If you eat it alone, you can tell it's not the same, but if you have it in something like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, you can't tell the difference. I think they have chocolate peanut butter, too, in that brand...I haven't tried it yet, but it sure sounds good!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options

where can you buy pb2?
    http://www.bellplantation.com/

There's a store locator link. If there isn't any place in your area, they ship and Amazon also sells it.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options

where can you buy pb2?

I bought mine on line just type pb2 and it will come up i think the maker is bell plantation.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    There was a time when this thread would have made me so happy.

Me too.

Try almond butter? Most nut butters are actually quite healthy for you, but unfortunately are packed with calories.
  • Lisamariemlt
    Lisamariemlt Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I say nothing equals peanut butter
    just eat less--half a helping - be skimpy and enjoy
    I can't give it up
    nothing to me compares
  • chellebelle620
    Options
    Thank you for asking this! I LOVE pb....I'll have to try an alternative.
  • williamsdro
    Options
    Maranatha Almond Butter is delicious and SO much better for you!
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    All natural Better'n Peanut Butter ... found it at Kroger's in Organic section ...85% less fat; 100 calories per serving
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    The fat and calories are the best parts!
  • bcatalano89
    Options
    thanks i will definitely give those a try :smile:
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I use PB2...... I add it to my protein shakes and its really good.As for replacing Peter Pan or JIF, its not going to taste like that at all, because it doesnt have all the sugar added to it.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Yep PB2
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've been eating soy nut butter lately...it has 20 fewer cals per serving than reduced fat peanut butter, but it's really not much of a difference. I think I'm going to try out that PB2! Looks awesome.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter contains excellent fats. Studies have demonstrated that people who routinely eat foods like nuts and avocados tend not to gain weight over time. The serving size is key.