Newbie trying this alone

Options
Hi, I'm obviously new. Quick back story - my husband unexpectedly left me in January. I was happily married and apparently he wasn't, but never told me. We have three daughters ages 8-10 that I homeschool. I lost 22 pounds in the first 3 weeks after he left because I was so upset I simply could not eat. I am eating fairly well now and have kept off most of the weight. I want to lose another 36 pounds or so to be at my ideal (what I weighed when I was 25 years old). I am afraid if I don't get serious about this, the weight will creep back on and that would not be good. I want to be my best self for me and my girls. This will be my first time ever seriously getting in shape. I'm not sure I can do it alone.

-Laura, who wants to be a sexy figure 8.

Replies

• unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I won't tell you that you can't but I will tell you that it is hard to do this alone. I got your back. Friend me.
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    It's much easier to do this with MFP pals backing you up! Friend me too!
  • mamajulie247
    Options
    Hi I'm Julie ,
    Just starting out. You have to have people to help you out and be your support besides your girls. Start journaling girl, you can do it. We can do. I am one to stop after 3 weeks. So my goal is to not stop after 3 weeks, how about you.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I have a great husband but he couldn't care less about healthiness/weightloss....you can do it! Add me if you want to.
  • katrina258
    Options
    Hey Laura! Welcome to MFP!

You'll find all types of people with very different goals, but all in all, everyone here is very supportive of one another. Best of luck on your journey!
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    You can do anything if you set your mind to it. However its harder to do it alone. This is why MFP is such a great place, lots of people always around happy to help you and support you in every way they can!

Good Luck and be happy!
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi, You CAN do it. I am proof. I got back to a "sexy" size 8 within a years time. This time last year, I was a very heavy woman at 210 lbs. Today I am 95 lbs lighter and feel SO much better about myself. It took hard work and learning to eat healthier. I now love fresh fruits and veggies and have ditched fried greesy foods and eating out much. Add me as your friend and we'll encourage one another along the way :)
  • gabrielle203
    Options
    i am also trying this alone so i would be happy to have friend....wanna be friends?
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP! You can do this, and you won't be alone. This site is full of the most amazing, supportive people. Good luck, and feel free to add me if you like :smile:
  • LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it "alone" for 6 months, since my husband deployed. It's worked beautifully for me because I have FABULOUS friends here on MFP. You CAN do it. We'll help :)
  • slamazon
    slamazon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You'll find tonnes of support here!!! Feel free to to friend me - support and encouragement makes a difference :)
  • traceywaugh
    Options
    fab suport on here you dont need to do it alone :)
  • EvilDave14
    EvilDave14 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm also new & also going it alone. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Emma
    x
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    We are all here so no one needs to be alone. Welcome to the family. :smile: