"Diet Off" Day?

Options
Has anyone tried the idea of eating low-cal and healthy 6 days a week and then just eating anything you want for 1 day? Any metabolic boosting benefits? Have you still lost weight?

Replies

• stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I eat more on weekends but I try to stay within my maintenance range. I usually do a little extra exercise to take the edge off any lingering guilt I may have also.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    yup, just started this about 3 weeks ago. i can't say i've lost a ton of weight, but it seems to have broken this plateau i've been on for a few months. (i've lost about 2lbs in 3 weeks, but that's better than 0lbs in 3 months, and i haven't gained at all).

also- DON'T weigh yourself for at least 3 days after your off day lol. water retention.
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I don't do an off diet day, but I do a high carb day because I do low carb during the week. I've lost 4 lbs in the same amount of weeks. It works great for me and I get rid of the cravings I have during the week. But I agree with another poster...wait to weigh yourself. It will just make you never want to do it again.
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kirsty0911
    kirsty0911 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sunday is my 'no counting calories' day and I have been doing this since January and it has worked for me!
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I do this often, but to a certain extent. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE food- unlike my fiance who genuinely does not like unhealthy food ( so crazy!), but I will go insane if I don't get to eat what I consider "normal" food sometimes. Now, I do have a "no diet" day once a week- but I may only have 1 meal that is straight up horrible haha If I eat like a starving horse all day, it doesn't benefit me, but if I do one meal that way- it really does help break any plateaus I am having. I may not count calories that day, but I will try to make smarter choices/portion sizes the whole day then have one meal that I am really craving and won't feel guilty about. Good luck!