Grouse Grind, British Columbia - Who does it?

Options
I did the Grouse Grind about a decade ago and did it in 1 hr-15mins, been out of shape for a couple of years and now just getting back in shape, Did the Grind again and 1:45. I want to do it in 50 mins, that is the goal.

Anyone else from the Vancouver area do the Grouse Grind?

Replies

• KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've done it a few times when I lived there (I'm now on the Island) and my fastest time was 55 mins. Good luck to you and remember to enjoy the phenomenal view when you reach the top! :)
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I did it once when I lived there... took me an hour and 15 minutes just to get to the top and I thought I was going to die. :) I'd like to go back there someday and try it again once I've reached my goal weight and am in better shape to see if I could get a better time.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I remember hitting the 3/4 mark my first time and thinking to myself: "I'm NEVER EVER doing this again"

But you get to the top, the view is phenomenal, and you are amazed that you carried yourself up that high.

I'm a slow grinder, but I think anyone who has the opportunity to do so, has gotta do the Grouse Grind.
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I definitely want to do it....I signed up for the Seek The Peak last month but had to bail because of other committments.
  • DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I live in Burnaby, and I've NEVER done the grind! I want to do it sometime soon though, so I can say I have! :-)
  • downwithcarbs
    downwithcarbs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did it this past weekend!
    I did it in 1hr 40mins.. I need more exercise!

curious though! how did you record your exercise?