Keeping the weight off

Options
In this past year I went from 178 lbs to 119 lbs. I was so happy with the way I looked and felt. But in the past two weeks things have gone downhill. I gained 8 lbs, my boyfriend and I broke up, and I'm staying with my parents until my new lease begins in September. There's no place to exercise, I don't have many friends around, and I've just been eating because I'm upset. I need to get out of this rut. Does anyone have advice? I am so worried this will continue. Thank you!

Replies

• sweetsapphire85
    Options
    despite all of these things that have happened to you (the boyfriend and the move with the parents etc.) do you deserve to feel good about yourself? If you don't know the answer, I'll give you the answer. You do, you deserve to feel good and if you aren't getting it from anywhere else give yourself the ability to feel good about yourself. Take that time and make the effort to get your big girl panties on become the person you want to be. If your ex left you and I both know he lost something great.

I speak from experience. I'm 26, in graduate school working my butt off 7 days a week and had to move home for financial reasons. I live in an old house with my disabled grandfather, my parents and brother which leaves little room for myself. I've been single for the past 4 years after a very long relationship ending in devastation. And most of my friends tend to be fair weather and only there when they need something.

It's taken me 4 years to realize if I'm not taking care of myself I'm not going to be able to give anything to anyone else. KNOW that you have done this before and YOU WILL continue to because you deserve to feel good and be happy.

Keep your head up girly, you will keep on going and do whatever you put your mind to!