Finally ready to introduce myself...

Options
I joined MFP a few weeks ago, and I figured I should post something and say hi. :)

I have a long road ahead of me, 150+ pounds to lose, which I am not sure is even possible but is my dream goal. I've tried to lose weight before, but every time I start getting anywhere I end up getting pregnant again and it all goes to hell. I am feeling quite down right now, because I bought a scale today and discovered I weigh more than my highest estimate. That was a sobering moment for me. I hope that this website, and the supportive people I have met (and will meet in the future) can help me become a healthier person.

Replies

• Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I am happy to have you as a friend and am here for ya every step of the way. :D:*
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    welcome!! glad you are here!! one day at a time baby girl!
  • kkova811
    kkova811 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    150lbs lost is completely obtainable so long as you work hard at it. And we all have our sobering moments, yesterday I ate mac and cheese for example and killed my daily goal. But thats what we are all here for, to make a lifestyle change and get into shape, and we are all here to help each other. You can do it. =)
  • jamja
    jamja Posts: 190
    Options
    You took a great first step. Take it one day at a time. You'll find quite a but o support here. Good luck on your journey.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time. I'm sure you will be able to reach your goal.
  • ohpurdysure
    Options
    Hi, glad your here - we are all in this together !!
  • thoma74
    thoma74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    It's nice to meet you! MFP is a great place to be! I wouldn't have done what I have done so far if it wasn't for my friends on here, encouraging me the whole time. Welcome!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This place is full of wonderful, supportive members! Just remember YOU can do this!! And we'll all be here to cheer you on!!! Feel free to add me as a friend!:smile:
  • SDV219
    SDV219 Posts: 106
    Options
    Glad you introduced yourself!! :drinker:
    I'm fairly new to MFP and let me tell you, these people are awesome!! There are those that are inspirations to all of us, and those starting out just like we are!! I never in a million years thought I would be exercising everyday, but here I am, 3 weeks later, and I've only missed one day! Can you believe it?? I sure can't! The support you will find here is nothing but encouraging, friendly, and truly helpful! I wish you the best in this journey!:flowerforyou:
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Best of Luck!!!! You can totally do it!!!!!!! Please feel free to add me for support if you would like!!!!!
  • reidhome
    reidhome Posts: 26
    Options
    Good for you! It's better to know where you honestly are, and go day by day. You're among friends who understand and support you!! One day at a time... You CAN do it!!! One. Day. At. A. Time. :-)
  • Wibikerlady
    Wibikerlady Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the program..Keep in mind, this is not a diet, it is a lifestyle change and as you can see...150lbs loss is VERY do-able. Determination and persistence will help you thru this as will EVERYONE here!!! Don't cheat yourself and record everything. If you have a way of getting apps on your phone or the like, download it and use it. I use that all the time so i dont have to try to remember what ive eaten...you can update online & offline so you always have everything accounted for.
    We are all in this together and you can do this!!! You took the hardest steps... The rest is easy.
  • Care1947
    Options
    I am glad that you are here and will be here if you need someone to talk to. Lots of people call me Grandma and I too have lots of weight to lose (about 120#s). We can do this, one decision at a time. They won't all be the right decision but that is OK because we are not dieting, we are changing our eating patterns. We all can do this together!
  • madivp
    madivp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am glad you found your way here. I am stuggling right now. But I have not given up. I am trying not to think of it as a diet, because I have dieted all my life and it doesn't work for me. Now I am doing a life style change. Changing a little at a time, and it is working for me. When I have a bad day, I do better the next day. Add me as a friend if you would like.
  • lk149504
    lk149504 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! You have made the first step which is one of the hardest. Being willing to do something about it!!! I have found that MFP has helped me tons!! Take it one day at a time and if you have a bad day dont give up!!! Its just one day, in the big picture its nothing!
  • kallibrae
    kallibrae Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Just believe that you can do this, and you will! Welcome to the site, feel free to add me, we can motivate each other!
  • sbrown44
    sbrown44 Posts: 82
    Options
    You are on the right track! This site is amazing and the support is truly awesome. Feel free to add me if you'd like. We are all here to help each other when we stumble, need to vent, or just need a kick in the pants! Remember, this is not a diet but a change in our everyday life We are not perfect and will make mistakes. It is those days that we need the motivation the most!
  • witstar
    witstar Posts: 25
    Options
    glad you are here. it is possible! only you can make it happen. log in every day. enter your food. make the changes you need to. exercise and log that. start out as small as you need to. read the success stories! they are very motivational and prove it can be done! support others and let them support you. this site has got you covered!

i have the same to lose as you and i am just starting out here. add me if you like! you are not alone!!! xoxo
  • CalamityCat
    Options
    I wish you all the luck in the world, you CAN do it and you WILL do it! Xx
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    welcome! don't say you can't. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! just need to take it one day at a time. i won't lie, its not easy. if u put your mind to it, you'll see results. we're here for support