Are video game calories lost THAT inaccurate??

Options
Okay so I went out and bought a wrist HRM because of another post I saw on here about the inaccuracy of the Wii Biggest Loser Challenge calories......

I just did 2 min's of boxercise, 2 min's. Lost 69 calories according to the HRM. According to the game I was playing (Excerbeat for the Wii) calories lost was only 32..........

Has the calorie count I've been logging really have been that inaccurate this whole time, as I've only ever been logging what the Wii tells me?? Anyone know?

Replies

• jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Okay so I went out and bought a wrist HRM because of another post I saw on here about the inaccuracy of the Wii Biggest Loser Challenge calories......

I just did 2 min's of boxercise, 2 min's. Lost 69 calories according to the HRM. According to the game I was playing (Excerbeat for the Wii) calories lost was only 32..........

Has the calorie count I've been logging really have been that inaccurate this whole time, as I've only ever been logging what the Wii tells me?? Anyone know?

If you weigh more it takes more energy to do the same movements than someone who weighs less. I wouldn't expect the game to be very accurate.