Calorie Intake

I keep reading about how people have an apparent hard time eating so many calories.. anyone having a hard time eating less... I swear sometimes I think I am starving myself.. and if I know I am going to a large family dinner I feel like i am going to have to starve myself just so that I can partake in it and not get slack from everyone there.

Replies

• I keep reading about how people have an apparent hard time eating so many calories.. anyone having a hard time eating less... I swear sometimes I think I am starving myself.. and if I know I am going to a large family dinner I feel like i am going to have to starve myself just so that I can partake in it and not get slack from everyone there.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    It can be a challenge. However you can learn which foods will make it easier without starving. I look for whole grains, vegetables and fruit that are high in fiber. Fiber will help you feel satisfied. Proteins will help as well. You can do this. Watch for things that are unporcessed and how they are cooked. Processed foods are generally high in calories and fat.

Don't give up you can do this. It may take your body some time to readjust. Good luck.
  • Hi Tonya,

Boy can I relate! It seems like one meal = my entire day's worth of calories! Especially on weekends and socializing. My only suggestion would be to try taking very small portions of everything and drinking lots of water...

As for people having a hard time consuming their daily calories -- I think it depends on how many calories someone is 'alotted' to begin with, i.e., a 200-lb. man would need to consume more calories than a 150-lb. woman...?

Anyway, snowshoeing is a great calorie burner, and so much more fun than the gym!!

Good luck and enjoy -

Chris
  • I am having the same problem. Just went to the movies and lunch with my boyfriend...and I am starving!! He's quite content after eating popcorn and then a big helping of baked mac and cheese. I was dying smelling that popcorn and just having the 100 calorie snack pack I snuck into the theater and then a very small half turkey sandwich. But, I did walk past my motivation after lunch. While at Target, I walked through the bikinis and just kept telling myself that wearing one of those come summer time is so much nicer than a bag of popcorn!! :)
    Good luck everyone!!
  • I know how you feel. I had been doing so good but today I made meatballs. I figured up their calories and knew they would have 89 calories each meatball. So I pretty much starved myself today so I could eat them for dinner. I had 12 crackers and water for breakfast. I had a can of green beans and water for lunch. Then I got to eat 14 meatballs for dinner. But what did I do? I went back and ate 2 more meatballs a few minutes ago because I am still hungry. I try to stay away from the kitchen as much as possible. I really need to find healthier low cal stuff to eat. But right now I have to eat what is in the house because it isn't near payday yet. I wouldn't of went over but I didn't do enough exercise today to make up the difference.