NSV yay! and Splurge fail!

Options
I go out to breakfast every Saturday after I get off of work and I generally eat whatever I want for breakfast. I may log it but it's usually a really calorie dense meal. Today my husband and I went to IHOP and I got an omelette with the 3 pancake side. I ate the omelette which was okay and then looked at the pancakes and realized I was only a little hungry. So I only ate ONE pancake and took the other two home - instead of just trying to eat them all anyway. I would have just tried to eat everything before! This is a big step for me!

Replies

• NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I completely get this!! Excellent NSV - WAY TO GO!!!!:bigsmile:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Eat one of those left overs per day...and it'll be perfect. It's what I do when I eat at IHOP. I fill up easily on carbs so even when I only order pancakes I can only eat 2...so I save the others for the next few days.
    You did a wonderful job!!!
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!!

Isn't it great when you realise you're not actually hungry and you don't HAVE to eat...

So well done!!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

It's so funny how much just paying attention to our bodies changes how we eat. You still did your ritual and the food you like, but listening that your body wasn't that hungry kept you from bingeing. So awesome! That is such a wonderful thing to come to do.

Congrats!
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! It's just weird for ME to do this. I'm such a member of the clean plate club! And what was even more funny to me is I got the way bacon filled omelette and then regretted it - not so much for calories reasons but more for taste reasons. I actually MISSED the onions, peppers, mushrooms and other veggies that I could have had!