Totally frustrated and over it

Options
I've been at this for 8 months now, and I've only lost 10lbs. I've been watching what I eat, my water intake, and working out. About 2 weeks ago, I started eating back about half my calories, and still haven't seen any change. I've blown it this weekend, eating horrible...I'll be back on track tomorrow.

I'm so happy for people when I see their success stories, but I am so sick and tired of not having my own. My diary is public.

I guess one positive is that school starts back up soon, and since I am a teacher, I'll have a more strict schedule. I'm not giving up, but I'm tired of working my butt off and not seeing results. I switch up the workouts, I weight lift...I do need to up my cardio...

Suggestions?

Replies

• spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I know that this can be frustrating ...

I took a look at your diary and it looks like you're eating a lot of preprepared foods--which means a lot of sodium and extra stuff. I know that life's busy and there isn't always time to cook, but I'd try to incorporate less processed foods into your eating. You might see a change after that. You could also try bulking up meals with more veggies and less "other stuff".

Wishing you the best!
  • dannylives
    dannylives Posts: 611
    Options
    Dont give up, girl! Keep your head up. You can request me if you want. I ate like crap today.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Do you use a heart rate monitor when you exercise?

And, have you ever calculated your BMR (http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/)?
  • angelazurcher
    Options
    I feel the EXACT same way.
    I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    If you are seriously weighing and measuring your food and recording your exercise for several weeks with no change, you should take copies of your journals and make an appointment to see your doctor. You could have a minor thyroid issue or hormone issue going on, and a quick blood test will let them know. A cheap pill, and voila! You will be back on the road to success. Don't get discouraged!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I looked backed a bit and I don;t know if you are getting frustrated or what but it seems you missed several days of logging. What I id see was a lot of processed foods resulting in high sodium and sugar levels and very little green vegetables. For me eating green veg and exercising is a must If i don;t do both I simply do not lose.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I know how frustrating this can be. Trust me. BTDT.

What I noticed from looking at your diary? You start off very well in the morning, but it seems as though as the day progresses - your eating habits start to go downhill. You need to cut out the fast food and pre-packaged foods. Neither one of them is offering you much as far as nutritional value. If I were you, I would start looking at the nutrient contents in the foods you're eating vs just watching calories. You can eat crap all day long and stay within your calories. Focus on eating better ALL day long vs just for breakfast and lunch.
  • dannylives
    dannylives Posts: 611
    Options
    i think theres five videos http://youtu.be/15xHUdODRcA
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i understand your frustration. it took me 19 months after starting to eat better and exercise to START losing weight. in the beginning, i lost one pound a month for three months, then i finally started 1/2 pound a week for 30 pound total. i have been maintaining since november, but i have 10 more pounds to go. it can be a hard road.

have you been tested for hormone problems? insulin resistance? thyroid issues?
  • livinglifeandlovingit
    Options
    If you have gained weight or are staying at the same weight it may be muscle gain. Muscle gain is good!
  • McSnoozle
    McSnoozle Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your diary and two things jumped out at me ---- your days are heavy protein and grains/bread, and NO veggies! You need some green stuff! :)

Try for even a small salad a day --- experiment and you'll find a pre-packaged, pre-wash green you'll come to like. Baby spinach is a powerhouse and milder flavor than the regular spinach. Mache has a light, almost nutty flavor. Romaine is great to make a quick Caesar (add 1/8 T shredded parmesan and 2 T Cardini's original caesar dressing)....

Or, if you don't like much prep, find some frozen veggie dishes that micro fast and have some flavor. I like the Green Giant heart healthy barley with snap peas and carrots. Or some of the broccoli or caulflower ones with sauces.

Another thing you can try is cutting back on some things. For example, serving size for shredded cheese is usually 1/4 cup, but I've discovered over time I'm fine with just 1/8 cup.

Baby carrots, radishes, sliced peppers, celery, etc.... great snacks in-between meals, too.

It seemed you were eating a lot of fruit some days ---- though good for you, fruit still packs sugar. Maybe cut back to one or two per day max and see if that makes a difference.

Like others have said, sometimes you just have to mix it up --- more of this, less of that. Try different foods, less processed, and more natural. AND DRINK ALL YOUR WATER AND THEN SOME!

Good luck, and hang in there. It's a journey ... and lots of learning and experimenting along the way. Believe you can do it, too!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Hiya sweets. . . . so I went and looked over your dairy and took into account quite a few days back. . . . This is what I see. . . a lot of processed food. . which contains a lot of sodium, as well as processed chemicals, and little or no water.

My recommendation. . . Cut out as much processed food as possible. . . Eat more raw foods. . . fruits and veggies. . . your body will be able to process clean foods much better than all those chemicals. . .

The biggest problem I see though is high levels of sodium and the lack of water. . . This is huge in weight loss. . . You should be drinking 1/2 your body weight in water per day. . at the minimum 8 glasses. . .This alone will flush a lot of water weight and toxins out as well as help to flush fat. . . I hope this helps. . .

The 2 other tools I find the most helpful are my foodscale and my HRM. . . Good luck in the remainder of your journey. . "FINISH STRONG, YOU DO HAVE IT IN YOU!:bigsmile:
  • MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I really don't know that I eat that much processed food, but this past week was bad in particular. I lost the transmission in my car, and had to eat dinner on the run several nights while I looked at other cars. I generally keep my sodium below 2000, but was better at that when I ate lower calories. Actually, I was eating healthier when I was eating lower calories. Increasing them threw me for a loop. Like I said, this week was particularly rough.

I weigh and measure everything, and have a food scale. I also have a HRM with a chest strap. I usually get my recommended water, just don't feel like logging in 8-10 times a day.

I haven't been tested for anything, as I am about to undergo an insurance change. (This summer I moved, changed jobs, and lost my car [aka money]). It's never been hard for me to lose weight before now, the only change I've made is working out.
  • MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    So after giving it thought and showing my food journal for several people, I think I will get blood work done once my new insurance comes into effect. I'm just so frustrated...not willing or ready to give up, but very very frustrated.