Runner's Club: Nov. 24

Options
Hello everyone! I am on a self-imposed running break while I follow the P90X program.
But on my recovery weeks, I'm slipping some running in. This morning I did 4.5 on the TM-snow and ice on the ground outside. It felt WONDERFUL!!!!!

I've followed the posters here for the past 3 weeks. Way to go everyone!

Replies

• 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am on a self-imposed running break while I follow the P90X program.
    But on my recovery weeks, I'm slipping some running in. This morning I did 4.5 on the TM-snow and ice on the ground outside. It felt WONDERFUL!!!!!

I've followed the posters here for the past 3 weeks. Way to go everyone!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I had a marathon yesterday, so today I got in a recovery swim. Ready for the Thanksgiving break!!!:bigsmile:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Areay, good job on the marathon. :flowerforyou:

Spin class for me today, upper body and abs tonight.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'm still getting back into it...I've had to go slowly and it sucks. :( I did 9 miles total last week, so this week I'm going for 10. I'm running 2 today, and lifting and probably going to a yoga class because I have really lost flexibility over the last couple weeks.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Alright! I am gonna join up with you!! But I wont be here every day! I am "running" 3 times a week. Today was day 2... Went MUCH better!! I jogged at my own pace instead of trying to keep up with my brother, and I went a lot long as well. I am ready for Wednesday! We "run" (he runs, I jog) about 2.5km.
  • runnerdad
    Options
    Alright! I am gonna join up with you!! But I wont be here every day! I am "running" 3 times a week. Today was day 2... Went MUCH better!! I jogged at my own pace instead of trying to keep up with my brother, and I went a lot long as well. I am ready for Wednesday! We "run" (he runs, I jog) about 2.5km.
    Good job!:flowerforyou: Just keep at it, you'll be going longer and faster in no time. Just take your time with it. Only increase your weekly mileage by 10% per week so you don't overdo it.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    ran a little over 3.5 today..
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Ran my first half yesterday (Philly). What an incredible experience! I thoroughly enjoyed every part of it. My time was 1:51, so I was pretty happy. My goal was to do it under 2 hours. Needless to say, my 36-year old knees need a rest day today! :happy: Yikes!
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Ran my first half yesterday (Philly). What an incredible experience! I thoroughly enjoyed every part of it. My time was 1:51, so I was pretty happy. My goal was to do it under 2 hours. Needless to say, my 36-year old knees need a rest day today! :happy: Yikes!

congrats!!! I really want to run a 1/2 marathon. how long did you train for it?
  • hessied
    Options
    I had a marathon yesterday, so today I got in a recovery swim. Ready for the Thanksgiving break!!!:bigsmile:

Nice job, girl! You're an inspiration.

:heart:
  • hessied
    Options

I've been running for about a year now. I guess I officially started training for the 1/2 about 9 weeks ago. Before that I was just concentrating on doing a 10K. I just did the Smart Coach thing on Runner's World.com.

Good luck!
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options

I've been running for about a year now. I guess I officially started training for the 1/2 about 9 weeks ago. Before that I was just concentrating on doing a 10K. I just did the Smart Coach thing on Runner's World.com.

Good luck!

Congrats on beating the time you wanted Heather. You had a better day to run than I did on Saturday. Wow, I see you have been running for a year now. I am close to that mark myself and I see I need to work on my times. :laugh: I got my certificate in the mail on Saturday for doing the Philly ING 1/2 marathon in Sept. I am going to hang it on my fridge so it will inspire me to do better next year.
  • runnerdad
    Options
    Nice job, Heather:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I did 5.25 miles today on my treadmill.
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the half at such an incredible time!!! I plan to do a half Sept of next year... the is one in my boyfriend's home town... we'll get in a visit and an accomplishment. Thanks for the inspiration...:drinker: