1 Year on MFP Anniversary Results Reveal! Pic Heavy!

Options
NikkisNewStart
NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
August 7, 2010 I made a promise to myself to change my life. My 4th daughter (I also have a son) was born exactly 1 month earlier on July 7, 2010 and I was sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I am 5' 7" and weighed 196 lbs when I last got pregnant. I gave birth weighing 217 lbs. A month after her birth, I weighed 186 lbs and joined MFP.

Despite numerous challenges, (5 children including 4 from my body and 1 stepdaughter, hypothyroidism, 3 knee surgeries, undergoing years of hormonal fertility treatments, depression, PCOS, & being in Graduate school) I made a vow that I would NOT give up this time, no matter what. And I didn't.

This is the first selfish thing I have ever done for myself. During all of those hard work outs and times when I wanted to quit (and there were many) I would repeat these lines from Christina Aguilera's Fighter.

I am a fighter.

I ain't gonna stop.

There is no turning back.

I've had enough!

Here is a link to my blog posts about how I did it and my exercise routine.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/clintswifeymomof4/view/how-i-did-it-the-semi-condensed-version-108635

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/clintswifeymomof4/view/my-weekly-exercise-routine-129931

Thank you MFP and my amazing support group for being there for me as I took back control of my life. My children will now have a happy and healthy mama for many more years!

I can't wait to see where the next year takes me as I keep improving on my fitness!

196.jpg
before5.jpg
217.jpg
before4.jpg
127.jpg
after1-1.jpg
after2.jpg
after3.jpg

Replies

• mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    wow, you look fab. Well done.
  • jantawa
    jantawa Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look fantastic....(besides, good day to pic...its my birthday:>
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!! Way to go!! :flowerforyou:
  • plv2010
    plv2010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This is so inspiring! I'm also 5'7, and a mother, and am trying to get my body back. Thank you for the post!
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Amazing transformation! You're a true inspiration! I hope a year from now I can be as toned as you are! I'm working on it. :)
  • rat70
    rat70 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Incredible, inspirational! Well done putting yourself first - from a mum who knows how hard that is!
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing, what incredible progress, you are an inspiration!! Thanks for sharing your pics with us.
  • JennieD2
    JennieD2 Posts: 66
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! :happy:
  • paulmg1234
    Options
    Wow!!! What a transformation. You look beautiful!
    I just finished reading your blog and am really inspired. Thank you!!! Brilliant!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    WOW! Just amazing!
  • InnerPinup79
    Options
    Wow! That is so awesome! I used to be afraid of getting muscles but now I can't wait to have them more defined! You look great!
  • jaqui71
    jaqui71 Posts: 14
    Options
    Wow. That is all I can say. I am speechless
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I can't wait to see where the next year takes me as I keep improving on my fitness!
  • MsWriter
    MsWriter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! You are such an inspiration!!!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Very well done!
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    thats amazing! your kids will be so proud of you!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's one of the most impressive transformations I've ever seen. Love your after pics. After 4 kids too!!! Well done!
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing!! Am a mom of 4 children ages 15 to 5 years old and I hope I can get to my goal and look this good. Congrats on your hard work :) You are very inspirational to everyone, especially a mom like me.
  • missa1982
    Options
    If that isn't inspiring to all on MFP, then nothing is. Well done, your hard work has paid off. You look fantastic!
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! We can all win this battle once and for all and take our lives back- 1 day at a time!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!