not new to dieting, this one might work, I'll try it

lainy
lainy Posts: 10 Member
I'm not good at dieting, I get discouraged if I don't lose fast enough, like many of us, I guess. So I'm trying to be patient and be happy if I lose 1 or 2 pounds a week, thats going to be hard.

Replies

• lainy
    I'm not good at dieting, I get discouraged if I don't lose fast enough, like many of us, I guess. So I'm trying to be patient and be happy if I lose 1 or 2 pounds a week, thats going to be hard.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Welcome to MFP! Try not to think of it as a diet. Make it a lifestyle change. The days are going to pass, regardless, so we have to take it one day at a time and learn to make better choices. You took the first step..you're here! :flowerforyou:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Welcome to MFP! Try not to think of it as a diet. Make it a lifestyle change. The days are going to pass, regardless, so we have to take it one day at a time and learn to make better choices. You took the first step..you're here! :flowerforyou:

I like how you put it, each day passes anyway so why not make them healthy ones! I think back to the days I spent heavier and if I would've done the right thing, I wouldn't be where I was before I started this journey!
  • Kateeliz
    Kateeliz Posts: 147 Member

1 or 2 lbs a week is a GREAT and realistic goal :wink:
    I have been here two weeks and lost 4 lbs, I do a little bit of walking and bike riding throughout the week, but most of it is due to logging my calorie intake and following MFP guidelines!

Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • lainy
    thanks for responding so quickly, wasn't sure if you were writing to me, I'm looking for a weight loss buddy, maybe more than one, love it already. Lainy
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Welcome Lainy! Put up that ticker so We can all watch it move!:happy:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Try to focus on how good you feel with your new way of eating and if it's only a pound or 2 - that's a pound or 2 gone and you're feeling fabulously healthy!
  • Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I found that when I focus on health and doing things that will nourish and strengthen my body then the weight loss part comes so much easier. I try to get excited about doing things that will promote my health and then I don't want to go for the junk or skip my workout because it will detract from the healthy things I'm doing.

I struggled a lot this past two months, bouncing back and forth between the same six pounds. I've just got back on track and feel stronger then ever because I'm looking at this as way to better myself and not just to lose the weight. I'm treating food as fuel for my body and not just as calories. Of course I still let myself have treats, but I go for them less when I've put so much effort into finding healthy and yummy meals.

This works for me, and you can find what works for you! You can do this. :heart: It's a great site with great people.
  • lainy
    how do I put up the ticker
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Im so glad you are here. I detest the word diet and try not to even speak it. In my opinion "diet" in America doesn't mean healthy at all. It means torture and abusing our bodies. I may sound crazy but that's how I see it now that I know the Truth. The truth is that we can eat all foods and be healthy. It is a moderation thing that this site has helped me get the hang of. I eat but I stay to my calories according to the food diary. I don't get hungry. I didn't start exercising for about a week or two as I wanted to have my food intake inhand first. Now, there are days it is hard to eat enough to fuel my body.

Keep posting and keep reading:) These people that have gone before us have experience and great knowledge, and they are so willing to be here for us and share it:) You will love this site. You are part of now, you are a winner already because you came here;)

denise in Sams Valley Oregon
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Welcome! and like the others said, time will pass no matter what, before you know it, it'll be next year and you'll have lost the weight :flowerforyou: