Breakfast Ideas!

Options
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some quick and nutritious ideas for breakfast. I tend to grap a bowl of shreddies then I'm out the door, getting a little bored of this now though. Any ideas would be welcome!

Replies

• chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have been having a Kellogs Nutri-grain bar each morning for breakfast. Good tasting, several flavors and only 130 calories
  • TheRealKimpo
    Options
    I like to switch it up. Sometimes I'll have one tablespoon of peanutbutter on an english muffin. Or eggbeaters and a slice of cheese on a bagel thin. I'll have cheerios or a smoothie. Whole Foods has some delicious waffles as well. Of course coffee goes with every meal :o)
  • MaggieP86
    Options
    Egg Sandwich:
    1 Egg (or egg white)
    2 Pieces of toast (whole wheat/whatever your prefered toast)
    1 slice of fat-free cheese (can get these as cheese singles)
    Tomato/Lettuce/etc if desired.

Wrap:
    1 Egg (or egg white)
    Veggies (onion and peppers, tomato and spinach, etc)
    Whole wheat or Corn tortilla
    Salsa!!!

I also love/suggest:
    Fiber One bars
    Cliff Bars
    Keeping pre-sliced fruits/melons that you like on-hand (cantaloupe, grapes, apples, etc)
    Scrambled egg whites or eggs
    Oatmeal (skip the sugar and raisins if you can!)
  • linwelch1
    Options
    I like to change it up, so I don't get bored. egg white omelet with chicken sausage with onions peppers with fat free cheese, or oatmeal with a banana or a english muffin with peanut butter with fruit too.

you can also google healthy breakfast ideas too, I get alot of idea from the internet
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Low carb tortilla, with egg whites and avocado are a great breakfast!! I like to add a dash of hot sauce...its delicious!
  • rh_lostinwords
    Options
    I also have a lot of trouble finding good breakfast ideas. I absolutely hate eating in the mornings. Usually I either have a bowl of plain oatmeal or some fried eggs; any suggestions on how I can change it up without too much cost or effort?
  • jennehughes
    Options
    I'm a cereal kinda girl..

- bran flakes and raisins with soy milk (of course you could have whatever milk you'd like, I know soy milk can be one of these EWW options to some people)

and my new favourite is

- oats, raisins and a dash of cinammon soaked overnight with soy milk (again, substitute milk or water for lower calories) YUM
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I make a big bowl of bircher muesli on Sundays and have it during the week. I add fresh strawberries or other berries and some nuts and seeds when i serve it. I never get sick of it, delicious! If you need recipe let me know!
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I make a big bowl of bircher muesli on Sundays and have it during the week. I add fresh strawberries or other berries and some nuts and seeds when i serve it. I never get sick of it, delicious! If you need recipe let me know!
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, diced pepper, onions and garlic. Sometimes sauteed spinach and mushrooms. dust with shredded cheese. Yum! Low card, low fat, high protien.
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I make porridge in the microwave with real porridge oats and skimmed milk. Then I heat a quarter of a can of Sainsbury's sliced apples in the microwave and mix those into the porridge along with 15g of raisins and a tsp of splenda.
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    Options
    My breakfast is healthiest meal of my day and gives me sustained energy w/o cravings, leaves me feeling full, and I am at my all time lowest weight loss with all day sustainable energy plus it takes 1 minute to blend and throw in my to-go mug. At first I thought it was a little spendy at $3.50 a day but I haven't felt this good since in my 20's so it is priceless to me. Your welcome to ask me
    what my secret weapon is if you want to friend me. I also leave positive food for thought on my page daily.

Have a fit-tabulous day, Colleen
  • jmuller815
    jmuller815 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im pretty boring, I find eating the same thing for breakfast & lunch works great for me. I take a big plastic container, dump a box of fiber one, uncle sams & vanilla shredded wheat & shake it all together. I have 1.5 cups & w one serving of silk light vanilla soy milk ( my dr said get off cows milk cuz of fattening hormones) i nuke that in the microwave for 2 minutes, cut up a banana & i feel so good & full throughout the day, plus all the fiber is like natures little broom for you body. For lunch I slice a small apple into many slices & have 1 serving of dry frosted mini wheats & a grapefruit cup. I drink about 120 oz of water daily. I feel good...
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    boil eggs the night before... take the shell off.. put them in the fridge, they're ready for you in the morning, eat an english muffin with some sort of a low sodium spread, and a few hard boiled eggwhites or whole eggs. easy and fast!
  • fruittart7
    Options
    Trader Joe's Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal - Delicious and ready in 2 minutes. 160 cal.
    Yogurt with granola- yummy! (calories depend on the flavor of yogurt, fat %, brand etc.)
    Trader Joe's Bran Flake cereal- really yummy and only 100 cal. for 3/4 cup
    Yogurt, fruit and Trader Joe's bite Sized Shredded wheat cereal - really tasty and usually comes out to around 250 calories for me but depends on the type of yogurt and type of fruit.

as you can see, i love trader joes :) hope this helps!
  • VELVET2688
    Options
    I have 12 gain toast with peanu tbutter on it, it will sustain me til lunch at 1pm.