Just tried chobani for the first time and...

I freaking love it! It's the strawberry kind and I added some kashi go loran crunch and it was awesome!! My only complaint us that it's a bit too sweet (can't believe I actually said that). Next time I may just try plain Greek yogurt and add my own fruit. But still it was so surprisingly good that I felt like I was eating something naughty :laugh:

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    The lemon kind is my favorite!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    Yea try plain and add your own fruit. Add your own sugar if you want too (splenda or whatever)
    And for 30g of protein add a scoop of whey protein :)
  • sunraze
    sunraze Posts: 115
    Chobani is awesome, and you cant beat it for the protein. Pineapple and vanilla are my favorites. Vanilla is not as sweet and actually pretty close to plain.
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    I'm out of town visiting my patents at the moment but as soon as I get back home I'm heading straight to the grocery store to stock up on some more!!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    I have never cared for Greek yogurt but I have heard good things about this version. I will give it a try.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Glad to hear it! I have some in the fridge that I need to try.
  • paradog
    paradog Posts: 378 Member
    I was a Chobani fan until I tried Fage at a friends recommendation...awesome! Fage is like eating cheese cake with fruit! Try it, you will not be sorry!
  • SLE0803
    SLE0803 Posts: 145 Member
    I love chobani! Pineapple and strawberry-banana are my favs! Just be careful with the plain, as it tastes like sour cream :x lol. I made the mistake of thinking it would be creamy goodness the first time I tried it. Now I use plain to make ranch dip...lol also I add flax seed to my chobani :)
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    The Pomegranate and Black Cherry ones are my favorite! Lately I've just been getting the plain though :D
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    I love Chobani...just look at my diary. I dont think one morning goes by without my vanilla Chobani. I'm not a huge fruit person so I adore the vanilla, but pineapple is super good too!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    I always get the plain stuff and add my own fruit. There are so many sugars added into flavored yogurts and it's ridiculous. Yogurt is supposed to be good for you. Therefore, when you add your own fruit, you can control how sweet it is and how much you're getting.

I find that it keeps me full for longer than a carb based breakfast.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    I have never cared for Greek yogurt but I have heard good things about this version. I will give it a try.

Don't get the Dannon one. That's nasty. Try the brands that specialize, (like Chobani and Fage,) in greek yogurt, and you'll probably like it better.
  • LeCitron
    LeCitron Posts: 71
    I love the Yoplait honey vanilla kind. If you get a four-pack they're only 100 calories per canister! It's really good!