Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Girlies...

UGH! I have had the worse week ever!!! Sorry to be so blunt, and open but I am hoping to find some answers here. I haven't cycled in over 5 years, I am chemically induced into menopause at 28. My gynecologist didn't take into count my expected weight loss and my hormones wore off about 2 weeks to early. I have stage 4 endometriosis, and have attempted multiple hysterectomy's but bailed out hoping I could get cured and have another child, and I was diagnosed with PCOS. So I have a double whammy. I know I was bad, not to the point that I ate anywhere NEAR enough, so I am presuming its water weight. My physician told me to take an over the counter diauretic, and to just relax. So... I am 4 days into some water pills, and NOTHING... any other suggestions?? I can't take any NSAIDS, so no motrin or aleve for inflamation... I know someone here has a great suggestion and I will love them for it so MUCH!

Replies

• haylz24
    haylz24 Posts: 225
    Bump. I can't help but I wish I could. Hope someone answers this for you! Have you asked your doctor? X
  • pinknsassyemt
    pinknsassyemt Posts: 68 Member
    I did, and they suggested an over the counter water pill. I even bought the MAX one! LOL I am not to concerned about the scale, cause I know its not true weight, but the bloating and water retention is getting horrible!!! I have a feeling when the stuff kicks in I am going to need a catheter and leg bag cause its gonna be like a flood out!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    When you first said cycled I thought you meant like actual bicycle cycling.. but then I read the rest.

With that being said, how much water are you drinking? I'd personally lay off the diuretics and take up drinking water.. that will help flush out not only the water, but other toxins in your system.

As far as inflammation goes, I find there is nothing better then good old advil... that is seriously my go to pain/inflammation reliever.
  • kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    in my honest opinion, i think you should quit with the water pills and let it pan out on its own. I know you said your physician suggested it, but that could really damage your kidneys. I work in an ICU, & i hear horror stories all the time of some of the things OTC meds can do to us. You've been taking them for 4 days and havent had any results... you're just going to end up overloading your kidneys and that wouldnt be good. Just take it one day at a time, we all at one point with be in this situation, but you just have to keep positive & do what you should as far as eating right & exercising. Don't get too stressed over it either, you know what stress does to us. :) If you need anything, Im just a PM away!
    oh & like the person above me said, keep drinking your water! :)
  • pinknsassyemt
    HAHAHAHAHA thats awesome, I would die if I tried to get on a bike today!!! I wish I could take advil, because of my lap band I can't, however someone at work just brought me some natural "women" friendly tea... of course she orders it from Isreal... but I am willing to try anything :-) Thanks for your advice, I am going to stop the pills, and increase my water, decrease my sodium as much as possible and pray for the best.
  • pinknsassyemt
    Thanks Kaaatie! I am well aware of what these damn pills can do, and a huge reason why I needed the push to ignore my doctors advice! I am 3 large glasses of water and once glass of tea in, somethings gonna start moving!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    I suffer really badly with water retention, probably linked to my lung condition, last time I had to take a prescribed diuretic I lost nearly 11lbs in less than 24 hours, my ankles were 3 inches bigger than normal and felt like they were going to split open so popped a pill and spent the next 12 hours running to the loo every 5 minutes! Anyway.......A quick google produced this list........

Apple cider vinegar -- is a natural diuretic and helps maintain potassium levels.

Artichoke -- natural diuretic

Asparagus -- contains asparagines, a chemical alkaloid which helps flush the kidneys.

Beets -- attacks floating body fat and fatty deposits.

Brussels sprouts -- cleanse the cell and stimulate thought kidneys and pancreas.

Cabbage -- breaks up fatty deposits.

Carrots -- speeds up metabolic rate and helps remove fat and waste from the body.

Cranberry juice -- aids in the removal of excess fluid from the body.

Cucumber -- stimulate the kidney and aid in the removal of uric acid.

Dandelion And Dandelion Leaf -- natural diuretic, and leaf key aides in the detoxification of the urinary tract.

Green tea -- natural diuretic and has been used for centuries in China.

Fennel -- has a calmative and diuretic property.

Horseradish -- speeds up the metabolism and helps eliminate fluid.

Lettuce -- aids in metabolism and flushing of toxins from the system.

Nettle -- has natural diuretic properties.

Oats -- contains silica in natural diuretic.

Tomatoes -- are rich in vitamin C that aids metabolism in the release of water from the kidneys.

Watermelon -- natural diuretic helps increased urination.

I can vouch for lettuce, watermelon, green tea and dandelion, also water, its the best diuretic there is. If your legs are swelling raise the foot end of the bed a few inches but be prepared to spend the night getting up to pee frequently!
  • pinknsassyemt
    Alright sounds like Brussel Sprouts & Asparagus salad with a side of beets, tea and water. I am game.. I am done with the over the counter stuff, I am far to affraid its going to kill my kidneys, so natural approach it is. This was exactly what I was looking for, and appreciate your time googling it.. you would think I had already thought of that.. DUH! Blonde moment mixed with hormone dysfunction lol