Newbie looking for supportive and to be part of a cheering s

Options
Howbouto
Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
Hello all, I'm new to MFP and would love some friends to share my journey with and in return cheer them on. I think the idea we can cheer each other on is what make MFP so appealing to me. One of my closest friends signed me up and seeing her do wonderful is encouraging me to do more. And I would like to be able to encourage others and have them encourage me. I about 80 to 100 pounds to lose, but my short term goal is 20 pounds (4.5 of which is gone thanks to this wonderful program.)

Replies

• gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I'll be your buddy!! Add me as a friend. Congrats on 4.5 gone already! It will come off before you know it. I'm officially down 31 pounds but 11 of those was before MFP. The biggest key for me is exercise I think.. We'll continue on this journey together~!
  • Tracey_Tee
    Tracey_Tee Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I will glady help to cheer you on ... please feel free to add me :D
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    welcome....... send me a request, I am a good supporter.
    Good luck to you!
  • buttahbaby
    buttahbaby Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. This really is an awesome site.
    BeeBee
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hiya, welcome to MFP, feel free to add me too :smile:
  • crystalnicole27
    crystalnicole27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It really makes a difference doing this with other people, it's motivating. I would like to loose about 90lbs myself. I've been doing this for about a week and a half now and I haven't weighed myself since last wednesday, but I lost 3 lbs the first week. Which feels great! Anyway, I'll send you a friend request.
  • ClareWorsey
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, i have 90lb to lose so we have the same goal :D x Good luck with your journey, i've only been doing this for 4.5 weeks and have dropped a dress size already, it's fantastic, so glad i found this site :D x
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome! u could do this. take it one day at a time
  • rosemimi
    Options
    Hi! you can add me as well. I too am a newbie!
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    i love this site. good luck,
    :tongue:
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome, I will send you a friend request. We all can do this together as long as we stay focused.:smile:
  • schlabetsy
    Options
    I'll be your cheering section!!
  • vic72
    vic72 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on your journey & feel free to add me! :)
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    Congratulation on the 4.5 lbs lost already...you rock...This is a great site and the people are so amazing and motivating, sending you a request right now beautiful lady !!!
  • DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting started, that's the hardest part!
    I've been at it just since July 21st, so I'm still a newbie myself. Feel free to add me! :-)
  • RealMeSomeday
    Options
    I am new too! I sent you a friend request! Good luck!! You can do it! (so can I, I hope!)
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :smile:
  • Goal4Good
    Goal4Good Posts: 115
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! I am always thrilled to add someone that believes in the receiving and giving of encouragement and support in this journey. I'm fairly new to MFP as well. Been doing this for about 6 weeks and I've lost 11 pounds. We can get to our goals together!!!
  • IRIST9975
    IRIST9975 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You can add me, This is a wonderful site and their are some really amazing people here. Good Luck with your journey!!! You can do it!!!!!