Hi All

Options
Do you know I can't remember if I've already done this - if I have I'm sorry - having a senior moment :laugh: I think.

I'm 56 live in Oldham, near Manchester UK and have been obese all my life. I'm happily married to Tony and have 3 rabbits. Tony has 3 grown up children and we have a sort of daughter who is an asylum seeker from Cameroon who has 2 children who are our grandchildren.

I need all the support I can get. I've tried every - nearly - diet going over the last 30 years, but have settled, for now, on a low-carbohydrate one, which seems to suit. I have fibromyalgia and type 2 diabetes. I don't work but am studying with the Open University.

I like to think I'm a likeable person. Have been told I have a dry sense of humour - oh and I have been known to resort to sarcasm - regularly. I wear my heart on my sleeve and soon panic.

I'd love to have friends on here, facebook, twitter etc. who know what it's like to be dieting.

Hope I've not bored too many people

Peace, love and understanding

Ailz

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. We are all here for you.
  • SusiB60
    SusiB60 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi Ailz
    Welcome to MFP -- you'll find lots of great people on here to make shifting weight some fun
    Feel free to send a pal request if you want.

Good luck ...Sue