fast weight loss

Options
kamula
kamula Posts: 49 Member
hi, i need to loose 10 kgs in 1 month is it possible?

Replies

• jacksamjack
    jacksamjack Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Not if you want to keep it off permanently. You should only be aiming for about 2lb per week - about 1kg.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Is that 22 pounds? That's an exorbitant amount of weight for 1 month. That cannot be healthy.
  • SusiB60
    SusiB60 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Probably not without removing a limb!
  • karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Crash dieting always ends in a crash! You might be able to accomplish it, but it will take a huge toll on your body and you will probably put it all back on and more after it! Be kind to yourself! All or nothing doesn't work to well - balance is the key and that takes patience and perseverance.
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to say it's impossible, because it's going to depend on how exactly you plan on losing the weight. For example, do you really need BOTH legs?

(tongue firmly planted in cheek; please don't take that seriously)

Lipo could very well help you achieve that goal as well.

But if you're referring to just diet and exercise...I'd say it's more "improbable" than "impossible". Even some people who have had weight loss surgery are told to look forward to losing only about 0.5kg a week, and that's with exercise and a restricted diet.
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Depends on how big You are.
    10 kg of fat... Good luck on 2300 calorie deficit a day.
    Now if you are talking about water you could use some diuretic.
    Only way I see someone to drop body weight fast is by loosing a limb ofc that is not an option (And is abit morbid). :tongue:
    But then again a friend of mine a body builder lost 9kg in a week (He almost ended up in a hospital).
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    By surgically removing an arm or a leg, yes.

Nah, just kidding. It is possible, but very hard, and you have 91.73% of risk to fail miserably to achieve this.

Anyway:
    - Just put the maximum weight loss possible via the website (2lbs / week)
    - Remove a few extra cals from the amount you would normally be allowed to eat, if you are overweight (e.g. 200 cals)
    - Run every day of the week for 20 minutes, using interval training techniques
    - Hit the gym 2-3 times a week, do some heavy weight training
    - Cut the carbs, use a low carb diet: 50% proteins, 30% fat, 20% carbs.
    - Drink a lot of water
    - Sleep 8 hours per night
    - Never ever ever eat junk food

Don't drink water at all for half a day before you weight yourself, and there you have it!

Good luck, you will need it.

Also be prepared to "have to" lose twice as much weight the next month as you will binge like crazy at the end of this awful month. I don't recommend doing it obviously...

PS: oh yeah, it helps if you are extremely overweight... If you are pretty lean already it is impossible.
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    it's possible, but it isn't healthy and you won't keep it off.
  • kamula
    Options
    thanks for all the info. lol. I am 5"2 and weigh 150 pounds want to be 130 pounds or so before having a new baby. I am thinking of having the protein sachet diets
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If your goal is to get healthy before having a baby, losing 10kg in one month is about one of the worst things you could do.

Can you give yourself more time to lose the weight, and incorporate eating more healthy foods and exercise?

You really don't want to ruin your health right before getting pregnant, it messes with your hormones to lose weight really fast like that.

If you have the money I recommend talking to a nutritionist and/or a personal trainer about getting a plan to lose the weight safely to prepare for a pregnancy. :)
  • kamula
    Options
    thanks maybe then the best is to ask my husband to wait few months more :)