What is your Final Weight Loss Goal at 5'6"

Options
My fitness pal told me that 118-124 is the BMI. I am at 137 now, people keep telling me I shouldn't lose more weight or I will look unhealthy....So what's your goal?

Replies

• MaximM
    MaximM Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my ultimate goal is 117. I think you should do what YOU want lol. Congrats on the weight loss so far! :)
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'4 but my answer may be helpful. Do you know your body frame? That might help give you a helpful range to settle on.

You can see the weight ranges on this site:

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

At 5'4 people in my range can go anywhere from 114-151 and be at a healthy weight, depending on your frame size. I sit right between a medium and a large frame, so I'm going to settle at 130 at my absolute lowest and fluctuate between 130-135 for my ultimate goal. HTH! :)
  • deadliftdavie1918
    deadliftdavie1918 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and my lowest was when I was in high school swimming competitively year round. I was strong, really strong, lifting weights too, and I was 130-135. MFP told me I could go as low as 114 but I think that is way too low for me, especially if I want to be as strong as I was. I also think you should go for what looks good on you.
  • Selly7749
    Options
    Hiya! I'm 5ft 6, and I'm going for 140lbs :), which is smack bang in the middle of my BMI - that way if i gain a few pounds, or lose as few pounds, there's no need to panic about my health xxxxx
  • JasonsWeightliftingWife
    Options
    I am 5'5", and I dream to be 135 but I am good with 140! I figure I will decide when I get closer. There is NO way I want to be under 120. I haven't been that small since 5th grade, and quite honestly I don't want to see me that low:)

Good Luck to you all~
  • yalva1
    yalva1 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi at 5'6 my goal is 150-155....
  • mamato2babes
    Options
    HI! I'm 5'6", and my goal is somewhere around 130-135.
  • polly_lops
    polly_lops Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think it totally depends on your frame...I'm 5ft 5.5 (the half counts hehe) and I am aiming for 119. My lowest is about 105 and my highest weight is about 140.

My frame is quite small so anything over 130 and I feel podgy but I'm wary of going lower than 119 in fear of the dreaded lollipop head!

Good luck and well done with the weight loss so far :-)
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6" (actually a tad over) and 51 yrs, I've looked at a couple of sites including MFPs to calculate BMI and what weight I should aim for, tbh the more I do that the more confused I get so I'm aiming for 153 or thereabouts if I can drop a little bit more that 'd be great but I'd be quite happy at 153 :O)
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    5'6" here too! I love being this height...not too tall, not too short. I guess I'm what you would call a "large frame" gal. I was 145 in high school and my mom FREAKED, saying my body wasn't built to be that weight. My goal for right now is 160 and I'm planning to reassess from there.

I'm not too much concerned about weight as I am body fat, though. I'm 20% BF now and my goal is 14%. I have no idea how long it will take me to get there, but that's what I want.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i am 5ft5 and my goal is 126.
  • reesesrunner
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and currently at 127lbs. I can't seem to get under that, the last few months I've been fluctuating between 125-130lbs.

Healthy weight, yes, ideal weight? No. I'd like to be at 120. That's just where I look and feel my best.

My legs are strong and fit, my upper body is average, I swear those last few pounds are stuck in my belly area. Just can't seem to lose the belly fat.

My lowest was 110lb, about 2 years ago. That was unhealthy. How do I know? I stopped getting my period. Didn't regain period till my weight came back up to 125.

Everyone's different on where they'd like to be weight-wise, this is my story.
  • o2optiv
    o2optiv Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and currently 137lbs. i know grosso!! however my goal is to weigh 115, but I need to be 120 by June 17th.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    5'6" here too! I love being this height...not too tall, not too short. I guess I'm what you would call a "large frame" gal. I was 145 in high school and my mom FREAKED, saying my body wasn't built to be that weight. My goal for right now is 160 and I'm planning to reassess from there.

I'm not too much concerned about weight as I am body fat, though. I'm 20% BF now and my goal is 14%. I have no idea how long it will take me to get there, but that's what I want.
    You weigh more that 160lbs and have 20% body fat? That's pretty amazing. I was going to say that 14% is very low for a woman, but it seems your body must be very different than mine. In high school I had about 15% body fat, am 5'5", and weighed 112lbs. I was really skinny.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and currently at 127lbs. I can't seem to get under that, the last few months I've been fluctuating between 125-130lbs.

Healthy weight, yes, ideal weight? No. I'd like to be at 120. That's just where I look and feel my best.

My legs are strong and fit, my upper body is average, I swear those last few pounds are stuck in my belly area. Just can't seem to lose the belly fat.

My lowest was 110lb, about 2 years ago. That was unhealthy. How do I know? I stopped getting my period. Didn't regain period till my weight came back up to 125.

Everyone's different on where they'd like to be weight-wise, this is my story.
    So you WANT to get back to the no period zone?
  • Cray75
    Cray75 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 5'4 1/2 and am at 145 - I would like to get back to 125 before August. Hope this helps
  • piscula
    piscula Posts: 17
    Options
    5'6 the correct BMI range is 116 - 147 so you are in it. If you like how you look and you are afraid of looking unhealthy then stop losing weight and work on toning what you have, adding muscle and the like.
  • spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal is 145lbs. I might be be able to go lower, but I'd likely have to sacrifice muscle mass in order to get there. I'm pretty dense (muscle/dense bones/large frame) so BMI is pretty much useless for me.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" and my goal is 130.
  • RainxPain
    RainxPain Posts: 152
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and wanna be 105 (: